PDA

View Full Version : Bumper

broony
08-03-05, 08:56 AM
Bit of a prob...

When I removed my bumper and got a new front panel, ive noticed there is quite a gap between my bumper and the grill.

Just wondering what could have caused this?

Is there a certain way the bumper or the bumper bracket should go back on?
Just pi**ed off cause it wasnt like that before and it looks quite bad now!

Cheers

BIGPIMPSAM
08-03-05, 09:44 AM
Mines the same ! I have a mk2 and put the gsi bumper on, and gap appeared, bout 20mm.

johnny27
08-03-05, 06:29 PM
Mine's the same, had std mk2 bumper on it was fine. Put on a GSI one and the gap appeared. Apperantly nothing you can do about it, its just that the vaux bodywork had very slappy tolerances, one frontpanel or bumper differs from another one the exact same. The boot lid is a good example as well, sometimes it dose'nt site evenly on one side.

Aragorn
08-03-05, 08:30 PM
loosen the bolts in the inner wings and lift the front edge up then tighten

johnny27
08-03-05, 08:35 PM
broony did you replace the top front panel, the one where the headlamps sit which always rots in the novas? If so was it hard to do, is there alot of welding and did it take long to do it? Cause mine has got pretty bad. Cheers mate.

snapper
08-03-05, 09:39 PM
one way to get you bumper straight is to loosen the inner wing bolts but keep them in so you don't loose the bar they bolt into. jack the bumper up on the outside edge as close to the middle as possible, get it as high as you need without causing damage to the bumper and then do all the bolts up.

broony
09-03-05, 09:24 AM
Yeah it was the front panel, top part that i replaced. Not really a lot of work involved but make sure that whoever is welding the new panel on lines it up properly with the front wings.

Ive seen it done before where its been welded in squint and the headlights and indicator sit inside the wing because its not lined up the right way.

That would mean more work and a new panel welded in again...

boredbloke
09-03-05, 12:50 PM
I found someone had slightly bent my bumper bar downwards which created a gap, I just flipped the bar around the other way and then it sat much tighter.