PDA

View Full Version : Nova GLF Update (pics added)

elgan
08-03-05, 12:33 AM
Saturday i went to an exhaust place in cardiff called Z-Ex.
I had a 2.5" bore full system off the manifold made with 1 flexi joint, 1 center box immediatley after the gear shifter, and a back box with a letter box exit. took them 5.5 hours to do it, but they've done an excellent job of it, especially runing it through the nova tunnel and over the rear beam (rear suspension lowered 100mm)

Friday afternoon my driveshafts arrived from Regal (1st time experience, couldnt fault their service or price to be fair to them). 200 for shafts, 100 for hubs, all delivered! LMF wanted ?475+ del, Cossvaux ?375+del and V-Tuning wanted ?375+del i think it was. I have mk2 cav big block inner cv's brand new, but i was never able to find 22 spline shafts to match (inner cv's for sale now).

Today (Monday) spent a little time assembling the cv's onto the new shafts, all was going well untill i remembered that the engine came out of a chav gsi which are the split and bracket'd type therefore the inboard cv was no good, managed to source an astra gsi inboard late this afternoon, so all systems go for 2moro. New hubs have new wheel bearings pressed on and ready to go too.

On order i have 1x astra gte throttle cable and 1x fuel relay.

Reason for the fuel relay... Having difficulty starting the car. Sometimes it refuses to fire at all, Some times it will start first turn and other times it will start eventually after a good few turns. Once its started though, it runs incredibly well, exhaust is quiet on tick over, and not raspy at all. Tech 1 shows no fault codes, which makes me a very happy man, or at least it will once the poor starting problem is sorted.

All that is left to do on the car now is to finish the wiring for the gsi leccy windows and central locking (base car being a 1.0 trip), alarm, immobiliser and the wiring for the vx220 stack dash. Having done this, the front end needs re-assembling (lights, wings, bonnet, bumper and grill), get some new front seats in there (cobra evolutions) and some nice thick harnesses. I will probably go without a cage for the moment, just want to get it on the road and to sort any niggles out.

I will have my digi cam back 2moro AM, so i shall take some pics and get them online to show what ive been busy doing.

All being well, i hope to see it O-T-R by the end of April. (taken about 3 years by then :? )

elgan
10-03-05, 04:05 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v514/elg4n/NovaGLF/march9th/P1010006.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v514/elg4n/NovaGLF/march9th/P1010005.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v514/elg4n/NovaGLF/march9th/P1010003.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v514/elg4n/NovaGLF/march9th/P1010004.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v514/elg4n/NovaGLF/march9th/P1010002.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v514/elg4n/NovaGLF/march9th/P1010001.jpg

Throttle cable, Clutch Cable and Short shift gearlinkage in tonight..

Brakes and new lines on the weekend, which will then leave me with fitting the front end up.

:D

Stuart
10-03-05, 05:15 PM
id move.secure the handbrake cable so its not anywhere near the exhaust as thats just gonna melt and cause your brakes to sieze on

Riggy
10-03-05, 05:15 PM
looking really nice

another car that should make our stand better at pv :lol:

Mike.
10-03-05, 06:16 PM
that exhaust is great, i want one lol

boredbloke
10-03-05, 07:05 PM
Only thing i'd say is why don't you cut an exit for it out of the bumper it would look so much better, even more so if it was centred.

Still looks cool never the less

ANDYRACER
10-03-05, 07:16 PM
I like it buy would look beta if there was two on either side.

scott.parker
10-03-05, 07:20 PM
Looking realy good now mate,hows the engine? and is that a fuel fillter under your car near the front??

id move.secure the handbrake cable so its not anywhere near the exhaust as thats just gonna melt and cause your brakes to sieze on

Yes watch this i had it happen to mine..

Keep us updated mate.

Scott

elgan
10-03-05, 08:36 PM
its all coming together well now

job in hand is wiring the vx220 stack dash, thats fun!!!

handbreak cable is still to be sorted, still havent decided on a disk conversion yet.

yes thats the fuel filter down near the front, fits up in the gap a treat.

As for the exhaust its all been bent up to sit under the bumper with no cut outs, i am going to smooth the old exhaust groove out and get the lower half of the bumper repainted.

i did look into a twin exit but there isnt much room to get another box on the driverside, the cars more about performance than looks anyway.

Aragorn
10-03-05, 08:50 PM
goto motorfactors and buy a LATE 92/93 nova handbrake cable

the main black cable runs to passenger side and secondary cable runs to drivers side - so u dont have any clearance issues :)

Stuart
10-03-05, 09:10 PM
the VX220 dash is a piece of piss to wire in, aside from needing a different vehicle speed sensor, but im sure daddy can get that for you lol

elgan
10-03-05, 11:52 PM
trying the astra gte 16v digi dash speedsender first off

makes sense to use one out of a f20 box.

if that doesnt read i will try ones out of corsa's and the like till i get a decent reading.

scott.parker
11-03-05, 12:23 AM
Just wondering why you moved the fillter up front mate,and good luck with the dash,shell look very nice,post some pics when done,keep up the good work.

Scott

Ricks
11-03-05, 12:27 AM
mint exhaust really suits the car :lol:

elgan
11-03-05, 12:47 AM
thanks

i thought the exhaust suited the back end of the car

no real reason for the fuel filter being so far forward bar the fact there wasnt much room to put it inline after the pump and where it is now seemed most suitable

hasnt created any problems as yet anyway!

Dai-o
22-03-05, 11:48 AM
but im sure daddy can get that for you lol
lmfao, yeah if my daddy owned a vauxhall dealership i'd have a mint Nova too. :lol:

o well.

Rexy
22-03-05, 11:57 AM
ELGAN i want to BUM YOU!

Snowface
22-03-05, 12:26 PM
call me thick but what does GLF mean in the title?

scott.parker
22-03-05, 12:42 PM
call me thick but what does GLF mean in the title?

Snowface your thik..... :lol:

Im sure he said before it's go's like fuck..

No doubt im wrong and now im thik :lol:

Scott

5toprjepog
23-03-05, 07:54 PM
Thats not to bad i seen someones on her it was white with twin exits like that i looks like a cracker