PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice . . . . . . . .

Damian Coull
07-05-02, 05:12 PM
I have owned my Nova for 2 years now. It's changed quite a lot since I bought it completely changed exterior, 2.0l 8v engine, 16's respray etc etc.

I had loads of shit with some twats in a stolen car who tried to ram me off the road several times and I decided that after Belgium I was going to sell it and get a normal car and leave it standard.

Now since I have been in Belgium it has re-vitalised my desire for modified cars and I really can't decide what to do now.

Do I keep the Nova and carry on modding it, i.e roll cage, buckets, remove rear seats etc.

sell nova and Buy Astra MK3 and modify or sell Nova and just get a nrmal car, something like a Renault Clio 172 ??

kevw
07-05-02, 06:45 PM
I do/think the same sometimes...

...but I always end up modding a Nova lol

Kev

-------------------
[-devil.jpg-]kev@novaload.net

gez
07-05-02, 07:59 PM
keep ya nova, rip out da back seats add some fat bumpers kingdom dev type k front & type k skirts add a thumping ice install in da back, some big f**k off racing seats & harnesses, i went to mean streets on sat & ive plenty of ideas 4 in da back of my car

Stuart
07-05-02, 08:32 PM
erm you could try adding another secion to the middle of it to make a limo ;) lmao

with suicide doors

BEng (hons) just isnt enough, i need a Msc too!

ade
07-05-02, 09:54 PM
keep nova - the fact that your thinking aboutmodding inside, bucket seats, rollcage etc shows you've still got the nova bug.
If you buy a normal car it won't stay normal for long - you like to mod and a normal car will be too tempting. Normal cars get nicked and chased aswell. Keep the nova - at least youve got the power to pull away from twats that try it on.
Ade

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotamy!

bob
07-05-02, 10:04 PM
keep the nova,I thought the same, Im on my 3rd nova, I moved on from one to another cos I knew roughly what I was working on,and wanted a fresh canvas,if u do anything mate,get another nova,and gof or it again,only down a different route,well satisfying,I went down SR route with my 1200,and it was a good project,now with my 1400 Im going down gsi routes,but with an SRi interior,my next ones gonna be a nova SRi(cos I love the 2 tone) with gsi power :)

a car that works properly?- think Im daydreaming...

GR
08-05-02, 09:12 AM
Ade's right Damian, even if you get a bog standard Clio or somethin' similar, within a few months you'll be making little modification's and before you know it, you'll be down the same path again !

Definitely keep what you have now .
I know how much time and effort you've put into it ( Since you were 18 ? ) and it'd be a shame to sell it to someone who'd be happy driving around in someones project, what's the point in that ?

As for scum on the road, its just a part of life, you can't get away from it, i had mine robbed as you know. Normal cars get stolen \ damaged just as much, you were just v. unlucky the night that car-jackin took place, could have been anyone until they saw your nova .

Vauxhall Nova - Defined in Spain
REFINED IN ENGLAND.

Grant@TranceAddict.Net

GR
08-05-02, 09:17 AM
...and if you do decide to get buckets \ rollcage, i can buy the old seats off you :D

REFINED IN ENGLAND.

Grant@TranceAddict.Net

Jim
08-05-02, 09:20 AM
Damian, I don't think theres anyone here that hasn't thought the same thing as you (except perhaps Ian Storey ;)). I have the same thoughts going through my mind each month.

At the end of the day, its your car, your money, your decision.

Jim.

CP
08-05-02, 09:40 AM
Different car + mods?? Same shit I'm afraid.
Different car no mods?? There's time for that when you are older, young man, and you can't afford modding cos you got a missus, kids, mortgage etc etc. You will then find yourself buying an MPV or similar cos its "pratical" :O

Breeny
08-05-02, 11:12 AM
"There's time for that when you are older, young man, and you can't afford modding cos you got a missus, kids, mortgage etc etc." LMAO that reminds me of someone, who ya getting at Charles? hehe

Sid
09-05-02, 02:48 PM
Damian... keep the car, just get it checked over properly, make sure the engine is all sound etc, I'm sure Ste in Wales wouldn't mind looking at it for you.

Email him, for possible arrangement??

GR
09-05-02, 02:51 PM
lol

REFINED IN ENGLAND.

Grant@TranceAddict.Net

casualcaroline
09-05-02, 10:18 PM
Nova all the way chap! At the end of the day u know u cant escape from it! lol ;d

Gobby
10-05-02, 02:02 AM
deffo keep it, mine needs a sh*t load of work done, but once you've been in a nova, nothing else will do. The work is now underway and I should have my little baby back shortly whoohoo :-)