PDA

View Full Version : Download Mozilla Firefox browser

Nick
07-03-05, 10:04 PM
After my brother recommended it, i downloaded Mozilla Firefox.

It's basically the same as IE but it doesn't allow the majority of spyware to worm it's way onto your computer.

And also just for burgo, it seems to allow the "Orange flag/White Flag" post markers to function 100% properly.

Now i know which posts i need to return to and write more about trees

Well recommended !

Rach
07-03-05, 10:22 PM
I've had Firefox for a while on my pc and it's great...

also, if you use Microsoft Outlook - try Mozilla Thunderbird :D

j1400
07-03-05, 10:23 PM
Care to show a link to the download please :P

Nick
07-03-05, 10:30 PM
Nah i havn't rach

i have AOL platinum broadband, so AOL is my mail thingy, no real need for outlook. I just don't use AOL for browsing anymore.

www.mozilla.com

visit the site and read about it.[/url]

Alex
08-03-05, 02:10 PM
LMAO you are about a year behind Nick. Mozilla has been widely used since mid to late 2003.

Although saying that I never converted as i have absolutely had no probs or issues with IE

nova---chris
08-03-05, 04:51 PM
mozzilla is getting very very popular now. Im sure it has someway to go before it gets to the point of explorer. But apparantly in the last year or so its boomed!

Another top browswer is Opera. This is excellent. Its like a browser within a browser. Stops 100s of windows opening. check it out! :lol:

kevw
08-03-05, 05:09 PM
Mozilla has the same feature Chris: "Tabbed browsing"

You can have multiple websites open within the one browser on seperate "tabs".

Kev.

Fester
08-03-05, 05:13 PM
Yeah Mozilla is deffo the best at the moment! It's downloadable either as just the browser or as the browser with built in email, IRC etc. client apps.

Gatesy is clever though :lol: IE can't be uninstalled and is needed for things like WindowsUpdate and other stuff you can do using the web browser over LAN when communicating with a Windows Server.

It's weird but pages do load faster in Mozilla!

Nick
08-03-05, 07:49 PM
yep fester i agree about the faster loading.

Plus it stops your browser from being hi-jacked.

Aragorn
08-03-05, 08:43 PM
i use it too

what annoys me is websites who dont conform to w3c specs causing the pages to load wrongly or not at all

they then blame the browser when infact its their website thats not properly coded

outlook (and AOL mail which is prolly runnin on top of outlook) is very dodgy for spam - all the bugs in ie can be directly exploited via emails recieved in outlook

i also hate the way AOL doesnt provide a proper normal PPPoATM connection for the DSL modem - you NEED to use their skanky software so u cant run it thru a router

Alex
09-03-05, 02:13 PM
Aaragorn - to be fair, you must have expected problems if you signed up for AOL. It's like going to a bikers bar and ordering a glass of milk - you just don't go there.
I am shocked AOL still exist

Jack
09-03-05, 05:07 PM
I am shocked AOL still exist
I'm shocked they even took off in the UK in the first place, what with being called America On-Line

boredbloke
09-03-05, 06:53 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We all love americans!

epo
09-03-05, 07:34 PM
dan off here recomended it to me and its spot on

Nova-Flair
12-03-05, 11:05 AM
mozilla is great! had it for a month or 2 now much better than explorer IMO