PDA

View Full Version : Ah boys and girls, help me out please?!

Dod
07-03-05, 06:51 PM
Right, we're pretty new to the modding scene over here cuz most of the time spent on modding cars is for Rallying. Now, in my home town, Letterkenny, we dont usually have cruises but on occation (once a year or less!!) we do. All bloody Corsa'a, Corollas and Civics and out of the 100 or so cars there, 1 Nova. Now CCorsa's Corollas and Civics are grand but I'm all about the Novas and I see all the rest as competition!!
What I'm proposing is that for one Weekend, as many of you as possible come to Ireland, make a weekend of it and show all those 1.2 Blue Peter Kitted Corsa's what its all about, kick some Civic ass and make all the Corolla boys Cry. I would suggest the Rally Weekend but accomidation would be impossible. I can arrange B&B's ect if there's enough interest. Please, help the poor Deprived Irish rekindle their love for Novas and not the Alternatives...... :wink:

Riggy
07-03-05, 07:00 PM
theres only 1 nova cos there re some greedy people how have 3 absoulute stunners in their garage :wink: :wink: :wink:

just kiddin keith about the greedy bit anyway :lol:

dandan
07-03-05, 07:03 PM
Would be well up for that! :D

Certainly something different. And as good an excuse as any to all get together. Could be a little difficult logistically and I dont look forward to that ferry crossing but would be well worth it.

Have to make sure the nova is beautiful again first.

Dod
07-03-05, 07:04 PM
Yeah, and its not like he lives Miles away either mate!! Seriously, it was an ill sight. Me and my mate are building 1 each at the moment but they weren't ready and wont be for a few months yet so we nearly cried when we only saw 1, and 20 scrap Corsa's.

Nick
07-03-05, 07:25 PM
my car wouldn't get on and off the ferry unless i took the front bumper off.. sorry

Dod
07-03-05, 08:03 PM
Would be well up for that! :D

Have to make sure the nova is beautiful again first.
Well you've got plenty of time. I mean, we've got the best Nite Club in Irelland 3 years running, loads of pubs, industrial estates (for messing about in), forestrys (for rallying in or after the nite club, ahem), beautiful scenery (for the ladies) and best still, serious banger racing every weekend. See, old Nova's dont die, they get stock carred!!!

Go on mate, take the splitter off, i'll stick it back on for the cruises, its not that expensive for a weekend away. The pound is worth double the Euro so it'll be no more expensive tahn a weekend at home.

novaboy 20
07-03-05, 10:35 PM
ad b wel up 4 this, av always fancied a tirp 2 Ireland, soundz like ad hav enough time 2 get the car back on the road aswel :wink:

Nick
07-03-05, 10:37 PM
[quote=dandan]

Go on mate, take the splitter off, i'll stick it back on for the cruises, its not that expensive for a weekend away. The pound is worth double the Euro so it'll be no more expensive tahn a weekend at home.

i don't fancy taking the 37 self tappers out , yet again lol

boredbloke
07-03-05, 10:48 PM
37 ffs, how far are they apart???

NovaloadedAgain
08-03-05, 09:24 AM
I used to have about 8 on my Ibiza splitter.

Jack
08-03-05, 01:08 PM
make all the Corolla boys Cry.
I've got something that will make the Corolla boys cry..

http://www.novaload.net/images/car_images/2521big.jpg

Dod
08-03-05, 02:07 PM
he he, i've only 4 screws holding my splieetr and its regularly ccoming in contact with the ground and scenery as well!!

Love the Celica, there's loads of them over here, all bought in Cheap from Japan in the Docks for next to nothing. Seriously, Skylines, Subarus and Supras are dirt cheap.

So, anyone seriously interested in the idea, please PM me and we'll go from there.

raza
08-03-05, 03:50 PM
yea i no the feeling i couldnt even get my car on the ramp yestaday at the garage had to be jakked up to get the lifters under it :$ the man wasnt happy then my back spraings popped out when car was off ground :$ wasnt impressed againlol

Dod
08-03-05, 07:15 PM
I had the same problem before i got the proper shocks in my Nova as well. Here's a simple but effective solution:

Go to your local hardware shop, ask for a 32mm waste pipe connector, jack up the back of the car, stick it in the middle of the ring on the underside of the car where the back spring sits (not the ring on the axle, mounted under the boot floor) and if needs be, use a bit of adhesive to keep it in place. Jobs a goodin, or Come over here during the summer and i'll do it for you!!!

Nick
08-03-05, 07:44 PM
there are 37..

i have them in clusters of 3's

one from the ground up, one towards the ground, one from the ground up

it helps it stay on the car

dandan
08-03-05, 07:58 PM
If thats the case, where does the odd one come into play? (12 groups of 3= 36)

[shrug] just wondering

Dod
08-03-05, 08:53 PM
its obvious, it supervises all the other 36 screws! Seriously, 37 self tappers? There musn't be much left of your bumper, but then again if I had a VR6 splitter, i wouldn't wanna loose it either!