PDA

View Full Version : weber 40's

omprezaman
07-03-05, 04:24 PM
*** admin ****
Dont do that again

Hope thats got your attention,Hello i urgently need help with this, ive never fitted weber twin 40's and need some good honest advise...
i have a j reg 1.2 single OHC nova with a pierburg carb (which are ***p and you can't get new OE bits for them anymore) i have found some twin 40's with trumpets an inlet manifold and new regulator,
my question is this..
(#1) because my head has round ports and the new inlet has oval (think thats right) i need a new cylinder head, what cylinder head and gasket will i need?? i.e 1.3 1.4 etc i am told a 1.6 head will only fit if i put 1.1 pistons in which i won't do its too drastic and extra cost and my 1.2 has only done 60k
(#2) also the above parts i.e facet fuel pump, regulator, inlet, 40's are they allthe same for all engines ie 1.2/1.3/1.4 and 1.6 or are there different one's if so which do i need???
(#3)If anyone has done this mod i.e a 1.2 with twin 40's it would be a great help if you could list ALL parts i need for the conversion and let me know.
Many thanks for looking hope there are some real modders out there who can help and its not going to be one of those posts that doesnt get any replies and makes me think no-one knows anything!!

johnny27
07-03-05, 06:28 PM
your 1.2 head should have arch shaped ports i think you mean. If the inlet manifold has got round ports it sound like its a 1.4mpi or 1.6 ste/gsi manifold. You need to get a inlet manifold for a 1.2 or 1.3 twin 40 setup, it would be silly to change the head (you'd be losing power if you done that) when all you need is a 1300 t40 manifold. i think they cost around ?130 ish. You'll also need a lowered alternator bracket to fit them. Then u'll need to get them setup and jetted on a rolling road. As you see its not as simple as bolting them on, and costly too.
Goto http://www.tuning.co.uk/vauxshop/ you'll get all the bits there, hope that helps.