PDA

View Full Version : Weber 32/34 jets

tom_beverley
07-03-05, 01:11 PM
I fitted my weber 32/34 yesterday, took it for a good run out and it was fine, came back home and washed my car. Later on I went to get some petrol and after about 10 mins of driving, the car started trying to bunnyhop when applying the accelerator.

It runs fine when on both chokes, but obviously I can't drive around with foot to the floor everywhere. Got my dad to take it for a drive and he says that the nain jet is blocked. So, me and my dad cleaned out the 4 jets on top of the carb.

Are these the main jets or is there one inside the carb like on the Pierburg?

Does anyone have a tech drawing for the weber that they can send me?

Any help much appreciated

Tom.

Snowface
08-03-05, 10:52 AM
You need a fuel pressure regualator for the 32/34 Really.

Without it it can flood the float chamber by keeping the needle valve open, then the petrol overflows down ur venturi and into the chokes-cylinders.

If u run it like this for to long it can wash the oilf off the bores and do pernament damage.

3.5psi is what you want it at.

_JH_
08-03-05, 05:57 PM
put simply, remove the jets you can see from the top of the carb. you may need long nose pliers to pull the tubes out. blow compressed air down the holes, this should clear it if it is blocked jets.

a garage will do it for a couple of quid.

should it still happen you can look at other options. make sure you fit a fuel filter

tom_beverley
09-03-05, 03:13 PM
Ive got a fuel filter fitted, fitted new fuel lines as I noticed some were corroding with age, and I've cleaned the jets three times with carb cleaner and it still has bad spells.

I'm going to buy a fuel regulator to see if that helps (I hope to God it does!)

It is usually OK to start with but then after a bit of driving it starts going all jerky unless on full throttle.

When in neutral the engine revs fine, but when put in gear I hold the throttle in the same place and it revs up, then dies, revs up, then dies and so on.

Also sometimes the idle speed is lumpy - up and down, and eventually cuts out.

I'm stuck :cry: