PDA

View Full Version : hangover cures

sickrabbit
06-03-05, 08:46 PM
I got well munted last night...I dont even remember going to bed .Today has been a quiet affair , feeling like sh**. I,m sure I,m not alone in this poor state... I very nearly resorted to the cure thats S.A.S training material...try this it works , but you have to be brave :
Half a tin of cold baked beans in a mug...lots of pepper ..lashings of vinegar ..stir the mixture , till its runny enough to drink ..down it .
This came from me cousin , whos done a bit of door work ( reckons a lot of doormen use this after a lock in ) so I gave it a go .....

whats yours and why ?

Fester
06-03-05, 09:47 PM
Just 'ye olde fashioned' loads of water!

burgo
06-03-05, 09:49 PM
lots of water when you get home and threw the night then lucozade in the morning with a fry up will put ya right

Jack
06-03-05, 10:42 PM
The headaches in the morning are caused by dehydration, so yeah as Burgo said lots of water before you sleep and keep some by the bed (as I always waske up in the middle of the morning with a throat like a cactus lol). Also can't beat a fry up in the morning!

burgo
06-03-05, 10:45 PM
(as I always waske up in the middle of the morning with a throat like a cactus lol). i prefere the term like ghandies flip flop lol

Mel
06-03-05, 10:50 PM
Cure? Don't drink in the first place :lol:

I always find the water trick works best for me..

Stuart
07-03-05, 10:12 AM
lots of water, take 2 ibuprofen before you go to sleep (or at 5am when you wake up)

and then when you wake up clean your teeth. and then have a mars drink and maybe a coupld of creme eggs before being able to drink lots of water and have a grease fest.

kevw
07-03-05, 10:29 AM
Some parecetamol or ibuprofen and at least a pint of water before you go sleepies. Then a greasy breakfast at the local Sainsburys cafe in the morning lol

Alex
07-03-05, 01:40 PM
have a lager. Ensure that you stay permanently drunk to aviod the hangover.

5toprjepog
07-03-05, 08:18 PM
I like some chips and gravy also a ribena helps

Nick
07-03-05, 10:09 PM
i go and hug some trees in the morning...

calms ones innerself

chapers
07-03-05, 10:33 PM
i had to get up for work this mornin i felt like sh*t! had a couple of paracetamol, n at the end of the day i finally felt better after a few coffees :lol: i do go for the water cure couldnt really eat anythin 'cos i felt sick :?

nick are you trying to keep the nerd of the week?

chaps

Nick
07-03-05, 10:39 PM
no, it's a well known practice for enlarging your guinea pig

chapers
07-03-05, 10:40 PM
sounds dominant... might have to give it a go sometime!

flowlikewater
08-03-05, 01:06 PM
i dont drink but my sister swears by cheese sandwiches and ketchup before going to bed!!!

also you could just keep drinking! you only really get a hangover after you stop drinking!!!

Jack
08-03-05, 01:38 PM
Cheese and ketchup sandwiches rock! 8)

sickrabbit
08-03-05, 06:17 PM
on the subject of sarnies , try these ( heard about em on the radio...remember they are 2 fruits ( this is a real sweet concoction - for the munchie heads ) :
banana and tomatoe.......

deelish !!

Nick
08-03-05, 07:59 PM
well yer the best way is to just keep on drinking and let it fizzle out slowly.

you get de-hydrated over night, becuase you've suddenly stopped drinking and all the alcohol is de-hydrating you.

Whilst your Actually drinking alcohol it initially hydrates you.. so if you slow down, and slow down and slow down slowly over a whole day then you can effectivly drink the hangover away

in the summer try it in a beer garden, you'l be suprised how you feel at 9pm at night.