PDA

View Full Version : Oil Cooler off XE - Mounting

16vChris
05-03-05, 10:20 PM
Has anyone kept the oil cooler when they have put an xe in? if so where have you mounted it ?
Cheers
Chris

Riggy
05-03-05, 10:29 PM
i will be mounting mine just in front of the rad

night make a little bracket up for it :lol:

-Bruce-
06-03-05, 09:53 AM
I just fitted up my cooler for my 1600 8v. Its a XE cooler so it will be the same as yours.

I used the std mounting hole on the left of the cooler for one mount. And used a circlip around the solid pipe that goes under the cooler at the righthand side of the cooler.

What i did was got a 4 inch bit of metal about 1.5 inch wide and put a 90 degree bent in it, then drilled a hole in the cross member, and a matching hole on my bracket. Then fitted two bolts and a rubber spacer on the mount on the cross member, that was that side done.

Other side i drilled two small holes in cross member and looped a cir clip in the cross member and araound the cooler. Also used a sleeve of rubber on the cooler so its not solid on the member.

Bruce

Riggy
06-03-05, 10:33 AM
bruce mate can you get us some pics of how youe done it mate :D

cheers

nathan.
06-03-05, 11:32 AM
on my mates i mounted it on the front subframe in front of the rad. be careful where you run the pipes, we had problems with them rubbing on the antiroll bar.

Riggy
06-03-05, 11:34 AM
i dont think ill be bothering with an anti roll bar on the xe as have heard that they handle better without it

scott.parker
06-03-05, 06:04 PM
i dont think ill be bothering with an anti roll bar on the xe as have heard that they handle better without it

Yep true,and quite a few ppl have ditched the cooler as well,i whent round silverstone at trax last year in summer,the temp nver got over halth,so im guessing with a cool run stat it will be less..But if you want to have by all meens fit one.

Scott

-Bruce-
06-03-05, 06:52 PM
bruce mate can you get us some pics of how youe done it mate :D
cheers

OK boss, just cause your a good boy.I will do it later.

Bruce

-Bruce-
06-03-05, 07:02 PM
My cooler is slightly USED lol, compared to the rad. Ah well.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v256/broos3/carstuff231.jpg

Bruce

16vChris
07-03-05, 08:44 AM
Cheers for the reply's
its in front of the radiator on mine now too :)