PDA

View Full Version : Trackdays this year?

Philsutton
05-03-05, 07:28 PM
Right now my car is back im up for some track action, wondered what everyone will be going to this year. I would like to do a donington but the prices have gone up a bit now its getting towards summer.
Ive booked two sessions at castle combe on the 23rd april on their action day. Went last year and only managed 2 laps lol. Want to know some other good tracks that might be worth looking at but arent gonna be 200 a day.

benji
05-03-05, 09:15 PM
join the pvg, they are doing a trackday in wales, ?50 to members only. it's ?6 to join.

i'll be doing cadwell later this year, and probably donington a couple of times aswell, oh yeah, and coombe in april

BigRuss
06-03-05, 12:07 AM
Guys,

I've just checked My shift pattern and I'm off the weekend of April 23rd, how do I go about joining You both on track at Combe?

How do I go about booking?

benji
06-03-05, 10:11 AM
that's cool. i'll find out and let you know

Philsutton
06-03-05, 10:50 AM
last year i just went down an paid on the day, but they sent me a form for booking this year as ive already been. So i just filled that in

srs1
06-03-05, 11:05 AM
i shall be there too also.

come on lets have another track day session.

Riggy
06-03-05, 11:10 AM
if i finish the valver in time i may be up for this aswell

:lol: lets hope i do

Chris
06-03-05, 04:51 PM
I will be doing donington, nurburgring, cadwell park and I would also like to do croft, although I dont think anyone would join me for that as it is a bit far north for most people. Aswell as a load of RWYB days too

Chris

j1400
06-03-05, 05:17 PM
Guys,

I've just checked My shift pattern and I'm off the weekend of April 23rd, how do I go about joining You both on track at Combe?

Can I get a lift with you over Russ, maybe even balast in your car?
:wink:

dhdev (Oli)
07-03-05, 12:57 PM
I'll be at cadwell park on the 18th March scaring all the Mitsubishi Lancer Register Guys and Gals (was meant to be last fri but got snowed off :D ), plus nurburgring in may, curborough x2 and any others that come along when i've got the cash!

BigRuss
13-03-05, 09:29 AM
j1400 Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:17 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BigRuss wrote:
Guys,

Can I get a lift with you over Russ, maybe even balast in your car?

Just booked it mate, if Your car is not ready in time You can jump in with Me on the way down. I'll be trailering My Car there, plenty of room in the Shogun though :wink:

m.d.
13-03-05, 10:22 AM
ill be doing coombe but i doubt ill get to donington as its too far away really.

went to coombe last year. saw nova neil there and had a chat but never got to see him on his run. its expensive at coombe for what you get but its the best fun ive ever had in my car, the engine hated it tho lol.

Philsutton
13-03-05, 10:27 AM
the engine hated it tho lol.
same here, i only lasted 2 laps last year lol

m.d.
13-03-05, 10:34 AM
i had no limmeter and its quite strange driving with a helmet on as the car sounds quieter. i reved the 8v to 8000 all the time and its got realy hot. 7 laps of that abuse killed the compression

benji
13-03-05, 12:57 PM
must of been somthing wrong whith the engine, i thrash the nut's off mine on every trackday and the only problem i have had is a lifter pack up, and that was because i didn't change them when i fitted the a new cam

Snowface
13-03-05, 02:09 PM
incidently how much are a set of lifters? did u get them from Vaux? or did you recondition them.

What sort of rpm do u do? Thought 7.5k was about limit of hydraulics?

Philsutton
13-03-05, 04:59 PM
must of been somthing wrong whith the engine, i thrash the nut's off mine on every trackday and the only problem i have had is a lifter pack up, and that was because i didn't change them when i fitted the a new cam

it wasnt so much the engine that gave up on me, the fuel line popped off the where is goes in to the pump. Not sure why it did it, an it only happened the once all the time i had the engine.

m.d.
13-03-05, 06:08 PM
nothing wrong with my old engine other than age really. and revving a standard bottom end with no arp bolts to 8 really was not a clever idea. but i got carried away chasing a scoobie on the day lol. drove fine after it cooled down but at the next rolling road session i went to it was 20bhp down on power, DOH!

benji
13-03-05, 08:10 PM
incidently how much are a set of lifters? did u get them from Vaux? or did you recondition them.

What sort of rpm do u do? Thought 7.5k was about limit of hydraulics?

i bought va set from auto vaux, i also got the thrust pads, it came to around ?50 including vat and postage. i replaced the followers with the cam so they didn't need doing