PDA

View Full Version : Weber 32/34 DMTL

tom_beverley
05-03-05, 10:50 AM
Ive just bought one of these off my mate, which was previously on an astra.

The throttle linkage is wrong and i was wondering where i get hold of a nova linkage?

Is it possible to bodge one, or do i have to buy one, and where from?

Tom

Riggy
06-03-05, 11:46 AM
no sorry mate you have to buy one from either webber them selves or i think you can get one from demon-tweeks try there site

Riggy
06-03-05, 11:47 AM
altough if it was a mk2 astra the cable will be fine to use on your nova as the engines were the same :lol:

johnny27
06-03-05, 12:18 PM
the astra cable is a fair bit longer than the nova one, i think its to do with the size of the bulkhead and the routing it takes, i tried one myself on my nova.

NovaloadedAgain
06-03-05, 12:33 PM
If my memory serves me right-its webcon or encon something like that, Try it on google it may bring it up. They sell the parts for the 32/34, Like the twin choke manifold adaptor plate etc.

johnny27
06-03-05, 12:40 PM
I may be wrong but i think the adapter plate is the same and the air breather. Cause at the manifold where the carb meets is the same because the astra carb is also a 2e3 so the mounting and the choke sizes are identical. As for the throttle linkage you need a little holder that bolts to the back of the carb adapter plate to hold and adjust the cable. And if the cable end is the little cup type with the clip you'll need to cut it off and change to the little end like a bicycle brake cable (they are not hard to get)

tom_beverley
06-03-05, 03:22 PM
Tried an Astra mk2 throttle cable, but its way too long.

So, me and my dad came up with taking the throttle mount off the pierburg, and breaking the Astra bit off the Weber throttle mount. We then welded the Pierburg mount onto the rremaining part of the Weber mount, and hey presto, it works!

Still using the nova throttle cable although it is a little too long (have about 1/2-1 inch of slack) and it works great. Just have to find a way of taking up the extra slack. I'll get some pics up later.

Makes a world of difference, much better performance and starting now. Amazing how much extra pull you can feel even with just the first choke open. I don't think the second choke is fully opening yet though with the slack, but I'll try and sort that today.

johnny27
06-03-05, 03:26 PM
i used the orignal nova cable, i made it shorter by cutting the end off it and cutting the amount of slack inner cable and then using a universal bicycle end screwd onto the cable, works like a charm

tom_beverley
06-03-05, 04:25 PM
Heres the way of doin it without buyin the thottle mount :lol:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v147/tom_beverley/Picture002.jpg

Sorry about the big pic, and sorry admin - just realised I posted this in the wrong forum to start off with :oops:

Snowface
06-03-05, 11:53 PM
you need a 1.3sr throttle cable, or a 1.4.

The 1.2 cable is completely different (as shown in picture)