PDA

View Full Version : xe vibrations

m.d.
05-03-05, 10:19 AM
my xe seems to run fine, apart form the typical idle control valve problems lol

but i do get vibration from it thro the car. just interested to see if anyone elses xe does this or are they all silky smooth. im talking about if your sat on the spot and you hold the revs as say 2500 3000.

also can the cam belt idlers be noisy. my cam belt was changed about 3k ago, and im not sure if they were changed with it. if they are noisy can they be changed with the engine in a nova.

david dixon
05-03-05, 10:22 AM
sounds like your engine is touching something and making the car vibrate, shouldn't really do that.
And the noise coming from the cam belt could be your water pump bearing or the belt pulleys.

m.d.
05-03-05, 10:27 AM
hmm. ill have a nose under the cover when i can with it running. see if i can find the problem. i hate changing water pumps tho. allways welded solid with rust on old engines.

i do remember the bolt for the gearbox mount being very close to the box when i fitted it. maybe that is catching now the engine is sitting properly. ill have to look.

Philsutton
05-03-05, 05:48 PM
mine vibrates constantly but i have uprated mounts in mine so you feel everything