PDA

View Full Version : I need advice...!!!

Anonymous
18-09-00, 11:05 AM
I want to get 15" alloys with a 49mm offset for a 1.3 sr, then grind back the rear arches till there's a 1cm gap between the tyre and the arch, and then fit -60mm springs, will i have any probs?

If i get a full ashley zorst, K&N bolt on filter, a head skim and a gas flow for a 1.3sr how much bhp would i gain, about 15-20? would it make it quite a bit quicker?

Cheers for any advice anyone can give,

happy motoring

Ged

Anonymous
18-09-00, 11:24 AM
If you are grinding back your arches, you shouldn't have a problem, the front will need grinding 2 if you are going 60mm. As long as the off set is okay you shouldn't have a problem.

If I were you I'd get a different carb and an air filter, along with a full exhaust system and manifold. I think you should notice a considerable difference. About 90+bhp I reckon. If u have cash to splash get twin 40's.

Anonymous
18-09-00, 12:53 PM
Cheers for the advice, but im staying away from the carb (apart from maybe rejetting it) coz fuel prices and me having to travel a long distance kinds of puts twin 40's out of the question! If i carry out the mods i have mentioned above, ie. the head skim etc etc... what sort of power increase will i get?

happy motoring

Ged

Anonymous
18-09-00, 11:43 PM
grinding the fronts for 60mm???????

nope ull not have to
i had to pull my fronts out but only coz its about 80mm on mine and then i just chucked a scissor jack under and stretched the out a bit