PDA

View Full Version : A good reason as to why you should insure your car...

Nick
04-03-05, 12:37 PM
Not really muppet but..

A local 14yr kid died about 150m from my house last week, After being "hit'n'runned" by a Un-insured,un-taxed,un-mot'd driver.

As a consequence, the said driver was caught and is now being dealt with by the police

Let that be a warning and lesson to anyone who thinks it's cool to drive without insurance, without declaring mods and without even a liscence.

because that type of thing really pissed me off.

Jack
04-03-05, 12:47 PM
Tbh, as the unfortunate victim was killed the driver's going to get rightly shafted anyway. The fact he has not tax/mot/insurance doesn't really factor in it, maybe add a few years to his sentence at best.

If he'd just injured the kid, or hit another car, then the law would come down heavier on him for not having tax/mot/insurance.

But still; its inexcusable.

Nick
04-03-05, 12:51 PM
aye but, if it was an accident (no-one is sure of that yet) and the driver was Legit, then it's not really his fault.

the fact is that he was illegally on the road, and he wouldn't have killed this kid if he wasn't a complete shaft.

IMO he deserves the death penalty. bit harsh, but how does he have the right to kill someone and get away with it. it wasn't an accident because it was a choice he made to take that car out with no-insurance, no tax blah blah

As you said jack, it is unexcusable !

dandan
04-03-05, 12:55 PM
When I got banned, everyone kept telling me to carry on driving.
"Go on mate you wont get caught!"

Bollox to that! I got pulled on a sunday afternoon at a football match and was breathalised. I hadnt had a drink that day but it was still in my system from the night before!
I blew a 43 (Legal limit 35)
Now if I was unlucky(?) enough to get pulled when I was fully legal, how unlucky would I need to be to get caught driving whilst disqualified, no insurance.
I know pricks that do it all the time and even one that has killed (twice) but still they persist.
Its wankers like that, that drive up legit policy costs.

Dont fcuking do it or like Nick mentioned in another forum I (or anyone else with any sense) will report it to the Police.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y34/dhartwell/rant.gif

Jack
04-03-05, 01:11 PM
the fact is that he was illegally on the road, and he wouldn't have killed this kid if he wasn't a complete shaft.

IMO he deserves the death penalty. bit harsh, but how does he have the right to kill someone and get away with it. it wasn't an accident because it was a choice he made to take that car out with no-insurance, no tax blah blah
Very true. A little bit OT, but consider this in the recent context of burglars breaking & entering, and how the law could prosecute a homeowner for defending themselves.... the fact that the burglar shouldn't have been in the house in the first place becomes sidelined to the fact the homeowner tried to defend themselves and injured the burglar in the process.

No doubt the driver of the car involved in the accident will probably try and counter-sue for stress and get sent off on holiday to spain like the young offenders do... :roll:

The law often seems all to keen to penalise at the easiest target; unfortunately that's usually us law abiding citizens.

ANDYRACER
04-03-05, 01:13 PM
Yep any one with out insurance should be shot just think if ur nova got hit by one you have to cough up evey penny to get it repaired and all he'd get is a driving ban for a licence he probably doesn't even have.

Fester
04-03-05, 02:12 PM
Yep it's bad, I work at the school the kid is from. Had a German exchange kid with him, the Kraut heard something so didn't go into the road but this kid just missed it and went out there.

The guy drove off but turned himself in.

Nick
04-03-05, 03:27 PM
ahh right fester ! the surveyor at work has a kid presumably in the same year, as he has a german exchange student with him too !

but i think it works like this, If someone took a life insurance policy out and paid it throughout their whole life (probably amounting to ?????) so that when they passed away their family can live in financial secuirity.

However, if they were hit by an un-insured driver then their life insurance is void. how unfair is that ?

Alex
04-03-05, 03:34 PM
erm that's not right at all. Except in maybe crazy Nick world.
A life insurance policy is valid in event of any death (except suicide)

Ricks
04-03-05, 04:26 PM
i got ran over about 10 years ago this summer, and tht driver dint have a license or insurance. they banned him but dint do him for hit and run. so i had to take him to court and i got ?18500 comp which i will get when im 18 (2 months left).
so i wunt dare drive without insurance

Nick
04-03-05, 04:51 PM
erm that's not right at all. Except in maybe crazy Nick world.
A life insurance policy is valid in event of any death (except suicide)

well the life insurance i was looking at taking out , which was the cheapest option, didn't cover death if it was work related, and motor veichel related when you wern't covered by any form of insurance.

I.e if you went on some work team building weekend and they hadn't sorted their insurance out, you wouldn't recieve anything for it.

alex, i think it all depends on what kind of policy you take out. as there are hundreds of different ones.

Alex
04-03-05, 05:11 PM
By motor vehicle related it means that you wouldn't be covered if you were driving and you had a crash. Your own personal life insurance cannot/will not be affected by someone else unwillingness to take out insurance.

The work related thing is fair enough - It is a standard clause in some policies to stop payouts for people who are in hazardrous jobs (but this also covers all other jobs).

srs1
04-03-05, 05:17 PM
i am going to put a dampner on this post,

but wasn't there an illegal immergrant that did the exact thing.
ran a kid over and killed him, no insurance etc.

sure he got 250 hours community services for driving with no ins/lisc and tax.

either way. driving without the right things sorted is stupid. its as simple as that.

Jack
04-03-05, 05:21 PM
Yep. He pretty much got off with a slapped wrist.

Nick
04-03-05, 06:05 PM
i am going to put a dampner on this post,

i didn't realise it could get any worse ?

yep, i'd happily shop in a person that i knew, if i knew they were driving illegally !

Alex
04-03-05, 06:43 PM
me too

Philsutton
04-03-05, 07:21 PM
if you take someons life be it driving like a cock or just out right murder them you have to accept the penalty. The victim lost their life through no fault of their own, they dont get the chance of going to prison or a hefty fine they are dead an thats it. Where as the person that kills them gets to have use their own life, this is wrong. They should pay the penalty by giving up their own life. How can people say oh your being to hard on them, its bull sh*t they dont deserve any right to carry on living.

We had a guy last weekend just outside justnovas that was driving a 200sx while pissed out his face (about 10am) an he over took a car at about 100mph or it was very close to it an hit a guy on a moped head on. the guy on the moped dead straight away an body parts were scattered everywhere. An i bet the guy driving the 200sx gets a about 2 years in jail, fucking nobber.

Nick
04-03-05, 08:08 PM
lol definetly bring back the death penalty

Jack
05-03-05, 01:16 AM
We had a guy last weekend just outside justnovas that was driving a 200sx while p**s out his face
I think I'd be scared of an sx when sober, let alone pissed....

Ricks
05-03-05, 02:47 AM
they shud bring back the death penality especially for rapits,murderers and stuff cause they fuck everyone elses lifes up so why not.