PDA

View Full Version : final question

probert_nova
04-03-05, 11:31 AM
right hopefully this will be the last time i ask anythin about this fcukn c/l.

i got told by gap security that i might have the wrong aftermarket solenoid on my c/l for r/cl.

what do you reckon:

i can operate the c/l by pushing the driverside pin up and down (this is the side the aftermarket is on). on my remote i can get the car to just open but won't lock. to lock the car i have to push the pin down, lift the handle up and shut the door.

what do you reckon?
if it is the solenoid, where can i get the right one from?

scott.parker
04-03-05, 02:10 PM
I had the same problem with gap,the one they fitted disnt want to work with my other solenoid,for some strange reason the one they fitted was too weak,and would not pull the leaver down,and then pop it corectly,a mate orderd me another from a Vaux spares place,it was IIRC for a corsa,it fitted straight in and worked fine..BUT i still have moments when the bugger will not pop it and unlock first time... :roll:

My best addvise is get a toad alarm,my cliford 300 fitted by gap has give me greife,and woke up my neighbour's far too many times..and thats affter spending time adjusting it.

Scott

probert_nova
04-03-05, 04:28 PM
did the solenoid work fine when it wasn't connected to the locks though?
i just swapped the wires over and the car will lock but not open now.
iv'e phoned gap and i'm getin nowhere. iv'e got two guys tellin me totally opposite things. :evil:

is a gsi c/l: neg/neg or neg/positive????