PDA

View Full Version : a few spraying questions

Ricks
04-03-05, 12:57 AM
how much do u think it should cost me to spray this gsi im gettin its red already but im gunna get a shiny spray on it with black bumpers, ll need the primer to wont cost me out for spraying it has my mate has the equipment at his garage so thts a good thing.

has anyone ever done a flip paint spray job. id love to know how its done?

ta lads

burgo
04-03-05, 01:00 AM
well it cost me ?90 for my paint and laquer, but you ned thinners and primer as well not sure how much that is though as im getting for free :P

Ricks
04-03-05, 01:07 AM
i dont think novas look good with 3 tone paint jobs 2 chav

Nick
04-03-05, 05:01 PM
flip paint is bought as flip paint.

a tartan paint would also be a good idea, you could try getting hold of some :wink:

rednova
04-03-05, 05:34 PM
depends really - how good is the original paint - if its mint then just key the surface and away you go - if its a bit rusty here and there then you will need to sort it out and prime, you dont need to prime the whole car tho if the paint is good. why not try painting it red again the add some of the metalflake into the laquer and spray that over the top - would look smart - cherry red with silver/red flakes

just my suggestion - phil

Ricks
04-03-05, 05:35 PM
yer i will look into it. any suggestions/pics off shiny red paint.

johnny27
06-03-05, 03:23 PM
if the car was previously in 2 pac you'll need to rub down the paint abit, but if it was base it will most likely be lacquered so you'll need to be very carefull you get the lacquer tottaly rubbed off as it reacts badly with new paint.

Jack
06-03-05, 05:08 PM
yer i will look into it. any suggestions/pics off shiny red paint.
Carmine Red, or I think there's another one called Candy Apple Red...

boredbloke
06-03-05, 07:04 PM
^^^

U and red!!!! :roll:

What happened to mexico red being the coolest colour ever?