PDA

View Full Version : liability question.

blondie
30-04-02, 11:33 AM
ok if someone called person 'X' went into the back of person'A' I know that its person X's fault with few exeptions. But if there is no damage and no witnesses then it would be hard for the person A to prove a false whiplash claim wouldnt it. Even if details where exchanged there is nothing to say that the reason for that is because person 'A' went into the back of person 'X' and person 'X' didnt report it because there was no damage. The purpose for this is not so that person X can produce false whiplash claims for themselves, just so they are protected against possible false claims against themselves. Person A even said it was partly their fault at the time.

If this doesnt make sense ignore it.

kevw
30-04-02, 11:50 AM
was person 'X' driving a Nova?

-------------------
[-devil.jpg-]kev@novaload.net

blondie
30-04-02, 12:08 PM
we could say that for arguments sake person X was driving a nova yes

Stuart
30-04-02, 02:14 PM
could X = blondie?? ;)

yay its like maths all over again

Stuart - droll guy with great arse and suicidal tendencies but
great in bed.

(from MIG)

blondie
30-04-02, 02:24 PM
we shall not say for arguments sake that person X is blondie no.

c'mon then personally if you recieved a call from an insurance co sayin that person A was claiming whiplash what would you do?

adam5
30-04-02, 02:57 PM
tell the insurance company to talk to your insurance company, thats what there for.
then say CAR A reversed into CAR X.

ade
30-04-02, 03:01 PM
if no witnesses and police not called and several weeks after the event then advise yo were not responsible and contact a solicitor!

I ran into someone in a massive quere (after someone zoomed up hard shoulder to overtake trying to beat the queues!) startled me and I bumped an astra - guy was an arse but that was months ago - if anyone tried to claim (bearing in mind they have your details) now I'd goto solicitor - there must be some kind of time factor involved etc... it would be v difficult for them to prove it was a direct result of the bump as they may well have been involved in another bump since then - nothing logged so persoanlly wouldnt worry - but for peace of mind see a solicitor...

blondie
30-04-02, 03:21 PM
mr x has not received a call from the insurance company he/she is just wondering what to do in case they do. I think mr X will phone insurance just to tell em that A went into X but as there is no damage there will be no claim.

cheers lads.

if anyone else has useful info that is fitting please post.

dave.gsi
30-04-02, 07:52 PM
E=mc2, 2pieR, F=IxA

all useful i think you'll find :D

never could get my tiny little person A brain to understand stuff like this :-/

http://www.srownersclub.co.uk