PDA

View Full Version : what to do?

Gowbo
03-03-05, 09:23 PM
I'm buying my friends 2.0 litre conversion nova.

he currently has it registered and insured as a 1.2 with all other mods declared.

What do you suggest would be the best idea, insure it as a 1.2 and declare all the other mods,or register it to the dvla as a 2.0 litre conversion and insure it as a 2.0 with all mods declared.
I've noticed quite a few people have kept there 2 litre conversions registered and insured as the cars original engine size

Jack
04-03-05, 12:01 AM
Register it properly with the DVLA, else your insurance could be void.

scott.parker
04-03-05, 12:12 AM
Well its your choice,but i changed over both of mine,as if your pulled by cops,and the check your foams and one is a 2.0 16v on logbook,but insurance doc as 1.2 8v..humm im sure you know what will happen,also why pay insureance for a car in that way,as you might as well go burn the money and document,cus they mean fuck all.. :?

You pay for the insurance for a reason,not just fun,so make it count..

Scott

NovaloadedAgain
04-03-05, 09:42 AM
Yeah I agree, Insure it properly. My dads a traffic copper. & They have briefings on cars like ours, I dont need to tell my dad about 2L nova's. Coz he can tell me more about em.
The police are very aware! My dad absolutely screwed a guy who had a redtop in his car. Guy had it as a 1.3 sr. My dad opened the bay & nicked him, Guy tried to blag it aswell!
Although he openly admits if you have a 2L 8v-You'd get away with it.

Jack
04-03-05, 10:05 AM
Although he openly admits if you have a 2L 8v-You'd get away with it.
Why?

NovaloadedAgain
04-03-05, 11:34 AM
Well he has said many times, That alot of coppers would really notice the difference with it only bein 8v, The rocker cover normally gives it away. Most Vauxhall 8v engines are the same to look at.
Dont believe they know all, They have good knowledge though all the same.
Apparently, Your more likely to get done for not declarin your alloys or side skirts then your 2L 8v.

Philsutton
04-03-05, 12:20 PM
for someone that doesnt know much about vauxhalls a 1.6 GTE engine and a 2lt 8v would look the same

Jack
04-03-05, 12:44 PM
Won't an MOT certificate have the engine capacity on it though? If there's a discrepancy between your insurance/MOT documents if the police were to view your documents you'd be in big trouble...?

Also surely you could be done for tax evasion if you had gone from a small (<1.5) engine up to a bigger one (1.6>), seen as the DVLA will be sending you car tax forms for the small engine (cheap) when you ought to be paying for the bigger engine (expensive)!

Nick
04-03-05, 01:33 PM
But then that gives you no excuse to go and not declare any engine conversion

Pay the insurance, Declare the mods and drive it legally

otherwise i'l find your reg number and personally ring the police.

A kid was killed about 100m from my house last week by a driver with no MOT,no Insurance and no tax

Enough said.

scott.parker
04-03-05, 02:35 PM
Won't an MOT certificate have the engine capacity on it though? If there's a discrepancy between your insurance/MOT documents if the police were to view your documents you'd be in big trouble...?

Nope find your mot,

its got
registration mark

chassis number

colour of vehicle/make fo vehicle

test station number

issue date/expiry date

Approximate year the vehicle was first used.

recorded millage

Whether it's used for goods,and max weight,etc

Serial number on last test certificate

fule type..

And thats all both mine have on,thats my nova,and the van..

The only docs that display cc is the DVLA log book.

Scott

NovaloadedAgain
04-03-05, 04:01 PM
for someone that doesnt know much about vauxhalls a 1.6 GTE engine and a 2lt 8v would look the same

Exactly my point mate, However I would have to declare my mods as my old man notices everything. But I would declare em anyway.

With regards to Road Tax, You could be fined upto 15k as its tax evasion. Bigger fine & bigger concequences then a wrongly insured vehicle.

NovaloadedAgain
04-03-05, 04:01 PM

Exactly my point mate, However I would have to declare my mods as my old man notices everything. But I would declare em anyway.

With regards to Road Tax, You could be fined upto 15k as its tax evasion. Bigger fine & bigger concequences then a wrongly insured vehicle.

Nick
04-03-05, 07:21 PM
or even a 1.6 with a 1.2 cam housing on would look like a 1.2

Will
08-03-05, 06:07 PM
:lol:

i think you will find most people insure the car as its engine size and keep the log book as "1.2" so its cheap tax and if u get pulled then the documents are in the post ;)

Your still properly insured like :P

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Philsutton
08-03-05, 09:05 PM
opps ive just done that :lol:

justnovas
14-03-05, 12:48 AM
Cheep tax all the way, log book is all filled out ready to go.
Just one more year.....
would have to keep sending new engine No.
:D :D

NovaloadedAgain
14-03-05, 04:44 PM
Lol, But be careful, Coz I know for a start, If my old man was driving an unmarked car behind you, He'd check & see it was a 1.2 & have a fit! Documents in the post would not wash! Lol.