PDA

View Full Version : gsi clocks

newboytothenova2
03-03-05, 05:33 PM
hi there..just been to scrapies to day and got a set of gsi clocks..would it be possible to remove the speed and replace it with the 1 from my car and more importantley the correct milage..iv already striped the gsi clocks down and it look like it can be done. want sum advise off you guys n girls thanks matt

ade
03-03-05, 07:27 PM
not sure but dont see why you cant change the clocks over - however I think one is slightly smaler than the other (could be wrong).

As for mileage - if you manage to put you old clock in the dash you wont need to change it bacause the mileoneter is built into the clock. As for changing it (as in clocking your car) :lol: I dont think anyone will tell you seeing as how its illegal!

TBH it makes feck all difference because most Novas have gone round the clock anyway and even you if had a genuine "low miler" not many people would believe you or care due to the age of most novas. Most are botheres about the state of the body and engine.

newboytothenova2
03-03-05, 07:59 PM
been looking at it 2nite and it should fit..mine has only 30k on the clock and the body on the car is in show room condtion..thats why i want to keep the original clock..only reason im changing clocks is that the original 1's are broken no fuel or temp gauge..

Phil_G
03-03-05, 08:02 PM
not sure but dont see why you cant change the clocks over - however I think one is slightly smaler than the other (could be wrong).

As for mileage - if you manage to put you old clock in the dash you wont need to change it bacause the mileoneter is built into the clock. As for changing it (as in clocking your car) :lol: I dont think anyone will tell you seeing as how its illegal!

TBH it makes feck all difference because most Novas have gone round the clock anyway and even you if had a genuine "low miler" not many people would believe you or care due to the age of most novas. Most are botheres about the state of the body and engine.

as long as the milage on teh clocks going in is changed to reflect the correct mileage of the vehicle that they are in then its no problems. To change it to a lower mileage is the problem.

Phil

Nick
03-03-05, 08:06 PM
just keep the old clocks, and take a photo whilst your changing them.

then people can see what mileage the old clocks said, and what mileage the new clocks say when they were changed

Anyone who is seriously interested in buying the car will beable to tell it's only done 30k without looking at the mileage reading

newboytothenova2
03-03-05, 08:06 PM
dont worrie im not in to clocking cars..and i hate most people who do this..the clock will be taken from old dash to new dash wont be touched so wont be clocked..matt

newboytothenova2
03-03-05, 08:08 PM
good idea with the camera..think i'll gibe this a go as more proof of correct milage