PDA

View Full Version : Fuel leaking from filler cap

Cheeze
03-03-05, 05:03 PM
ok guys kinda having this problem on the car, that everytime i go someplace i end up getting fuel running from the filler cap, any one know what could be causing this and any ideas on how to sort it?

Nick
03-03-05, 05:10 PM
Fuel from the filler cap ! lol

if your using an aftermarket filler cap it may not be a secure fit e.t.c.

but i can't imagine how a vast amount of fuel would be gettin up there in the first place

Jack
03-03-05, 05:28 PM
Shouldn't there be a non-return valve to stop the fuel getting back up to the cap?

Philsutton
03-03-05, 05:30 PM
yeah there is i think a valves to stop it coming back up. You sure youve take the cap off when youve been filling up (sorry i couldnt resist lol)

ade
03-03-05, 07:24 PM
have you changed your tank over?

Sounds like the return valve is busted or your seal has gone round your filler cap.

Nick
03-03-05, 07:48 PM
but you can syphon petrol from a nova tank, so it's not exactly brilliant in the first place, but as said, it sounds like whatever valve system it has is broken

new cars have a full proof non return system you can't syphon fuel from

Cheeze
04-03-05, 04:54 PM
yeah it has a valve just in the filler cap, what about the breather hose, could it be coming up there,

Donova
04-03-05, 06:17 PM
must have to much money if you got the tank that full lol! seriously though, must be a faulty cap seal or maybe damaged or dented filler nozzle. :)

Aragorn
05-03-05, 01:23 AM
ive been smelling fuel round my car for a while and today noticed that after tcutting the car last week i have a nasty fuel stain down the side of the car under the filler cap and ive only filled it twice and both times made sure i didnt dribble any down the side

so i guess my cap is leaking too

i can only imagine it happens with fuel tank filled to the brim on left hand corners but its still leaking and i want it sorted :(