PDA

View Full Version : Caliper painting

dandan
03-03-05, 03:35 PM
Do I have to use the special paint or will I get away with some hammerite or similar?
Sorry but I cant help being a cheapskate :)

Nick
03-03-05, 03:37 PM
use hammerite, the special "caliper paint" is a con.

Mitchybee
03-03-05, 05:12 PM
I just bought some high heat resistant paint from halfords, was only 3.99 for a tin which we got two sets of calibers painted

epo
03-03-05, 05:29 PM
i bought hammerite

before i used blue gloss from me dads work and white gloss

ade
03-03-05, 06:45 PM
just make sure whatever paint you use you clean off any grease from the caliper otherwise it dont matter what you use it aint gonna stick!

8)

I'd lacquer them afterwards (except for hammerite unless you use the hammerite lacquer)

Ricks
03-03-05, 06:50 PM
tht caliper paint is crap i put it on mine and its all melted off. not cheap either it was ?20

epo
03-03-05, 06:55 PM
just make sure whatever paint you use you clean off any grease from the caliper otherwise it dont matter what you use it aint gonna stick!

8)

I'd lacquer them afterwards (except for hammerite unless you use the hammerite lacquer)

why what happens if you use standard lacquer

NovaloadedAgain
03-03-05, 08:55 PM
Nowt happens, I re-done my calipers last week with Hammerite & Lacquer. Ive done that too all my cars.

sickrabbit
03-03-05, 10:29 PM
been out to lunch on this one for ages....I,m glad the use of Hammerites ok cos I must admit ? 20 for a small tin of paints dick turpin. Red or yellow ...??

Years back my cousin painted the top of his old gas fire in hammered finish brass hammerite ...looked the bizz till when his missus placed a cuppa on the thing when it was on - the mug stuck !!!

red or yellow - yellow or red ??

:?