PDA

View Full Version : More HeadUnit Drama

A-V
02-03-05, 02:34 PM
OK, I bought my Nova on Sunday, and a head unit today. I wish things were simple!

The lead that came with the headunit seems to not have a home anywhere in the car, I'm guessing because it's old. What there is in the old headunit space is a female type rectangular adapter that looks similar, though larger that the one that fits into the headunit itself. Coming into this adapter are all kinds of different wires.

Now, I'm thinking along the lines that I'm going to have to do some cutting up? if so where should i do it and how should i join the wires? (just twirl and tape??). Also is there anychance that the ISO adapter i'm looking for is hiding in the dash somewhere?

Can you get adapters to fit the wires in the car to fit into the male adapter that came with the unit?

Given that i'm going to have to do some cutting, is there anychance of Novaloading myself/and or my headunit up?

I will try and get some pics to better explain what's going on.

Any help much appreciated. I've just bought myself an awesome car, but i've got no sound!!!!

General Baxter
02-03-05, 04:46 PM
sing :lol:

flowlikewater
02-03-05, 06:11 PM
yes you can get the adapters. just check any good shop. even motorworld.

Jack
02-03-05, 07:11 PM
Halfrauds sell them too. Or you could chop the connector off and choc block them to the HU. I wouldn't recommend tape tho, my mate had tape holding his HU in on his 205 and they kept falling apart lol