PDA

View Full Version : Suspension settings

dhdev (Oli)
02-03-05, 08:02 AM
Having recently fitted adjustable lower arms, i thought i'd have a go at setting the suspension up according to the settings in the build manual i.e 2degrees -ve camber, 2mm toe out.

i only got the camber done last nite and i know its toeing in at the mo, but on the drive home the car felt like it was running 145 front tyres!! it seemed to understeer more and the force required to turn the wheel was greatly reduced.

has any one experimented with camber / tracking settings, if so what have other people found, cheers.

Aragorn
02-03-05, 09:42 AM
build manual states

2deg neg camber
4deg positive castor
2mm toe out

u need ALL of these settings done not just one of them

toe in alone can fuck the handling completely

how exactly did u "set" the camber to -2deg?
and how do u intend to set the castor to +4deg?

alistairolsen
02-03-05, 11:36 AM
castor and camber are minor by comparison to tracking in their effect on handling. You cannot make a judgement of change yet if your car is toed in lol. Get it sorted, then re appraise the situation.

dhdev (Oli)
02-03-05, 12:52 PM
i set the camber by adjusting the length of the lower arms at the rose joint and measuring the angle using a digital camber gauge :!:

i'll set the tracking tonite and give it a try. castor isn't adjustable yet as i still have standard top mounts, so that'll have to stay as is.

Aragorn
02-03-05, 04:23 PM
build manual tells u to move the top mount as close to the rear of the turret as possible

redrill the holes to move it manually

and adjusting the camber will give more toe in so that prolly why its got worse