PDA

View Full Version : Mad Nova Saloon

ANDYRACER
01-03-05, 10:20 PM
I have just seen one mad nova as a walked back from my mates house it was a F reg saloon with wide arches 17" wheels lowered to fuck gsi bumpers and a flushed boot, i think it was white or yellow not sure it was dark. I saw it in Hazel Grove (Stockport) parked down a little back road a truely mad car. Anyone ever seen it? If so any pics and spec?

Jack
01-03-05, 10:36 PM
Saloons rock 8)

ANDYRACER
01-03-05, 10:36 PM
i wouldnt of agreed till i saw this one

dunova
01-03-05, 10:57 PM
I nearly totaled my saloon today-2nd time i've driven it :lol:

Went round a round-at about 20mph, lost the rear end (due to the boat like suspension, wet road, 145 wide tyres and the extra weight of the boot), couldn't believe it :o The handling on it is un-describable. Shocking.

I think saloons can look excellent when done up, but hatch's are obviously still better :wink:

Jack
01-03-05, 11:00 PM
Saloons should all have front and rear ARBs (afaik not even GTE/GSi had rear ARB?).... get used to them and you'll find they can corner suprisingly well 8)

...having the boot only adds about 5kgs over a standard hatch I believe :wink:

I think saloons can look excellent when done up, but hatch's are obviously still better :wink:
Pthh! Saloons are teh cool 8) lol :lol:

srs1
01-03-05, 11:33 PM
congrats andy.

you have moved away and saw something apart from ebay!

ANDYRACER
01-03-05, 11:41 PM
well when i saw it i thought i was dreaming to see it down a side street in shitty hazel grove and ebay is mint it has saved me so much money. Like isrs wouldn't have that nice grey gsi if i hadn't off bought it off ebay.

srs1
01-03-05, 11:43 PM
i've seen it mate.
who did you think he came round to show?

:roll:

burgo
01-03-05, 11:44 PM
Saloons should all have front and rear ARBs (afaik not even GTE/GSi had rear ARB?).... get used to them and you'll find they can corner suprisingly well 8)

actually most novas have rear arb's the gte/gsi's are thicker arb's tho

ANDYRACER
01-03-05, 11:52 PM
i've seen it mate.
who did you think he came round to show?

:roll:
i take it u mean his gsi well i rescued that gsi from being left to rot coz he couldnt shift it i went down to have a look at it and what a beast it turned out to be its pritty mint compared to sum novas i have seen. Another one saved from a grave in a back garden.

srs1
02-03-05, 12:00 AM
good job.

you sold it to a good lad there matey.
i have known si almost a year now.
does like his car and knows what he wants.

just dont tell srlew.

ANDYRACER
02-03-05, 12:06 AM
Well when he had a test drive u could tell he loved it as much as my dad did when he drove it home for me it doesnt half shift for being completly standard and i didnt realise how low they are standard just make sure he doesn't crash it i was really sad to see it go.

Fucking Insurance Costs :evil:

srs1
02-03-05, 12:09 AM
he had it a week and then came to mine.

took him out in the xe.

he aint impressed with is no more lol

passing the cops at 145 on a private road ofcourse

ANDYRACER
02-03-05, 12:13 AM
i was going to rip the engine out anyway and put my 2.0 8 valve in or my mates 1.6 16v engine bt in the end it didn't happen oh well. Cant bet a valver tho there fuckin rapid in a straight line bt a bitch round corners bt hey u have to sacrifice sum ting for that sort off power.

srs1
02-03-05, 12:23 AM
not really, you press the brake pedal.
slow down for the corner.
hit acceleraotr and catch up again.
remember, there are more straights then corners on the roads.
fact of life.

Cheeze
02-03-05, 11:35 PM
the only saloon i liked was in tv ages ago, was ablue one with hatchback arches, and a LET engine, looks sweet

SRlew
03-03-05, 01:26 PM
lol sean your car is mad its well fast!!