PDA

View Full Version : IM FED UP WITH PPL PUTTING DOWN NOVAS

Ricks
01-03-05, 08:07 PM
ive had enougth now ive addvertised my nova on a mates site and there just takin the piss now. i like been different and not avin a corsa and saxo and stuff but whts so wrng with novas. ok ive got a kitted up nova but its isnt over the top. its kind off puttin me off gettin this 1.6 gsi.

burgo
01-03-05, 08:09 PM
thing is what are you gonna do bout it??

dunova
01-03-05, 08:15 PM
I'm also sick of it, but there's nothing you can do about it. The statement i hate most is, "Yeah but it's still a nova". I feel like fooking smacking them when they say that. It can be the mintest, best looking fastest nova in the world, but thats all you get from some people.

To an extent they have a point though. A standard nova vs a standard brand new car (ANY car) is going to look 'crap' because its not up to date with technology and its an old design. Its all dated. But a nova that has been customised and well looked after in my eyes is as good, if not better, than new cars that have been customised.

Ricks
01-03-05, 08:16 PM
lol i dunno. gate crash there scooter meet whts happening in my town. i know about 7 nova owners down here.nar im not tht childish im just fed up with it to be honest mate.

Adam
01-03-05, 08:17 PM
As above, it is true what people say:-
they are old, rusty, bangers.
You can't argue that.

But a decent one in decent condition can look as good as anything :wink:

SRlew
01-03-05, 08:23 PM
i know what you lot mean, i'v only owned a car (my nova) about a month, and i was in a pub (drunk) and got kicked out cause i started a fight with some pr**k cause he said my car is shit and so are novas in general or something.

he wants a focus just cause its new and maybe quick, but one day soon i'll have a 2.0ltr in my standard looking car and he wont be laughing then!

General Baxter
01-03-05, 08:30 PM
everybody likes mine, my changes every week to keep up with the styles :lol:

raza
01-03-05, 08:43 PM
well since i got My Sri i aint really done nowt to it apart from cleaned it polished all the chequer plating inside car and everyone that as seen the car loves it .. i aint had no abuse or anything :) went to show my m8s it the other day and they all have Saxos (modded) and they all like it .. somone offered me his clio 1.8 16v and me give him ?800 for a swap i said no! but every one likes my car around this area .. i drive down sea front everyone looks at it so i go down and pose :D

Jack
01-03-05, 08:48 PM
:roll:

Another one of these topics lol

People who "dis" novas seem to forget they're a nigh on 20 year old car and thus, compared to modern cars, are (arguably) "crap". Novas were only designed to be small economical runabouts, to contest the likes of the Fiesta. Designed to be small and cheap. And they are.

Whenever people used to say novas were crap I'd reply "Compared to what?" and they'd usually go "uhhhhhhh....", or compare it to some 2-3 year old sporty saloon. People say to me "I bet your GT-Four is a lot better than a Nova then!" My usual reply is: Would you compare a donkey to Shergar? :roll:

Nick
01-03-05, 08:55 PM
lol i dunno. gate crash there scooter meet whts happening in my town. i know about 7 nova owners down here.nar im not tht childish im just fed up with it to be honest mate.

i fink aye Iz goin2 join u wiz yur novaz boyz down da skooter meat

:roll:

grow up, and ignore it, if people making comments pisses you off, i think you need to get some help with your life.

Nick
01-03-05, 08:56 PM
lol razorjack, what the hell is a shergar ?

Jack
01-03-05, 09:00 PM
Nick you are the coolest mutha around. I want to be you.

NovaloadedAgain
01-03-05, 09:02 PM
Lol, I get it everyday. Where I work cars are barely 2 years old! People in my office tend to drive Porsches, Audi TT's, TVR griffiths, Merc's, BMW's etc etc.
So I turn up in a Nova! Sets all there car alarms up & my management think im a pr*tt coz I got rid of a year old Corsa! But I dont care, I love my car, Its fun, Stylish & different. Its actually quicker then alot of modern cars-due to there safety equipment etc.
Girls at work hate it too! People always say to me, It dont matter what you do to it, It will always be a Nova & worth nothing! There all rust buckets! I laugh...

Nick
01-03-05, 09:02 PM
doesn't everyone ? anyway, i ask again, what is a shergar ? lol

Philsutton
01-03-05, 09:05 PM
he wants a focus just cause its new
thing that pisses me off the most when people slate novas. New cars are crap, in 10 years times they will be a lot worse off than novas are now. I mean if their falling apart now god help them later down the line. We nearly get into fights everytime we go out as some nobber will take the piss out of novas, normally a scooby owner. But they always back out of a track day

raza
a big lion :)

Jack
Shergar = that famous (obviously not that famous :lol:) race horse that went missing, hence the comparison with a donkey :lol:

raza
01-03-05, 09:07 PM
wasnt shegar a lion in a programme :$ like lion king ... jungle book lol as well as the race horse

Nick
01-03-05, 09:10 PM
shear kahn is the lion thing outta the jungle book.

raza
01-03-05, 09:13 PM
oh yea :( silly me

Jack
01-03-05, 09:16 PM
lmfao!

burgo
01-03-05, 09:19 PM
i think there was a shera (sp) in the lion king 2, ill watch it later and let you know lol

Nick
01-03-05, 09:20 PM
lol this has turned into an interesting topic....

has anyone seen Lion king 3... ?

it only came out on VHS/DVD and it was poo. lion king 1 & 2 all the way

SKoob
01-03-05, 09:20 PM
I get it all the time, and alwasy say "and what makes it so bad" people forget a well setup nova is an awesome bit of kit, most people who knock novas, know sod all about cars whereas people who respect the work thats been done to a well tweaked nova know thier stuff. Very few cars can be improved for such a small outlay. The nova is one of them 8) If it bothers you that much call it an Opel Corsa lol :lol:

Jack
01-03-05, 09:23 PM
lol this has turned into an interesting topic....

it only came out on VHS/DVD and it was poo. lion king 1 & 2 all the way
You lion king groupie :lol:

Nick
01-03-05, 09:26 PM
lol my ex-girlfriend made me watch it (and yes she was eighteen) and it was really crap, lol hence the ex, i think it was LK 3 ?

you like googling images razorjack, find me a pic of lk3 !

epo
01-03-05, 09:38 PM
wasnt shegar a lion in a programme :$ like lion king ... jungle book lol as well as the race horse

thats simba :lol:

Jack
01-03-05, 09:40 PM
lol google brings up lots of pr0n links when u search for "lk3"!!

Booyah, Google image search delivers again 8)
http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B000163X16.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

lol and Nick, you think Lion King is bad, imaging having an ex who was fanatical (seriously) about Lord Of The Rings :roll:

probert_nova
01-03-05, 09:49 PM
i gotta say i don't get any people jibbin novas where i live.
i went to a local cruise on sunday and mine and another highly modified
nova pretty much stole the show.
most comments are of respect for keepin the nova on the road
coz people know of the rust problems novas have.
i think the attitudes are starting to change now and the nova is seen as
a classic car. saxos and maybe corsa b 's have the novas reputation now.
its just the thick headed people who havn't grown up that jib novas e.g paxo owners :lol:

NickWalliams
01-03-05, 10:19 PM
You get used to it after a while!

Most people who slate them have no clue about cars what so ever and usually drive a shed!

There is a lad who works with me that doent believe that a 2.0 16v nova can beat anything!

He drives a shitroen xsara or somethin :?

It just adds to the fun when you sit on the rear bumper of a brand new scooby!!

:lol:

dan-hipgrave
01-03-05, 10:20 PM
I agree with Skoob really - i tend to find people who know there stuff about cars appreciate the work that goes into some Novas but people who dont know anything just put it down all the time..

I never had a single positive comment about my old blue 5door from anyone other than people on here lol. Just gotta put up with it..

Barn
01-03-05, 10:44 PM
Yeah, you just got to put up with it...

F*cks me off sometimes but people soon shut up when you blast past their ?9000 new car in a ?500 nova, lol, thats the bit I love.

Power steering etc etc would be nice sometimes (and not having to weld a complete front panel on, lol) but the thing is...they are cheap.

the nova I'm building now...cost ?70, paint ?50, front panel ?50.

ok, the engine goin in it cost more than the car but at the end of the day it still aint that expensive...I just find you have to resist spending on things all the time with Nova's because you can change almost anything/everything on them! lol

the birds hate them though as far as I have found anyway...but like I said when your blasting past a lemon yellow 1.1L saxo they seem to like them abit more

my 2p

Matt EvoVI
01-03-05, 10:54 PM
I must admit most people really do underestimate the nova its such a versatile car, what other could you modify so much? Answer none. :wink:

I have owned and driven many cars in my time but the nova will go down in history as one of the best cars ever made. :D

My thoughts

Matt

Matt Nova
01-03-05, 10:57 PM
I get it all day at work

you paid ?700 for that piece of shit

drive to scrapyard and walk back

need a push to get her started

boring just laugh with them :D

Rick Draper
01-03-05, 11:11 PM
The thing is Novas are wank cars, they rot lots, are easy to nick and are fairly high maintanance now. I would much rather have a Evo 7/8, Fiesta ST, C2 VTS, Civic VTR, )hell i would even rather have a Pug 106 gti or a saxo vts as they handle as standard) etc than a nova, fast sporty and reliable.

Ricks
01-03-05, 11:13 PM

grow up, and ignore it, if people making comments p**s you off, i think you need to get some help with your life.

abit harsh tht nick i said i wasnt gunna do it cause im not tht imatureim not used to having my car or any general nova around here being slagged off, it just pisses me off cause of all the hard work goes into it.

dunova
01-03-05, 11:14 PM
The thing is Novas are w**k cars, they rot lots, are easy to nick and are fairly high maintanance now. I would much rather have a Evo 7/8, Fiesta ST, C2 VTS, Civic VTR, )hell i would even rather have a Pug 106 gti or a saxo vts as they handle as standard) etc than a nova, fast sporty and reliable.

Were you supposed to post that on 'saxosport.net' or something??!? You're going to be popular :roll:

Philsutton
01-03-05, 11:16 PM
shut up rick and finish your nova

Ricks
01-03-05, 11:20 PM
nar just ignore me im in a foul mood.

dunova
01-03-05, 11:24 PM
I'm in quite a splendid mood, even though everything is quite toss at the moment.

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM, I WANT YOU IN MY ROOM :lol: :lol:

(Not you Rick. Sorry to get your hopes up :x )

Try and get THAT song out of your head :!:

M_U_T_A_N_T21
01-03-05, 11:27 PM
get a 2.0l 16v you wont give a fuck what people think when there out the mirror absolute joy machine you never sell it

Ricks
01-03-05, 11:28 PM
I'm in quite a splendid mood, even though everything is quite toss at the moment.

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM, I WANT YOU IN MY ROOM

(Not you Rick. Sorry to get your hopes up )

Try and get THAT song out of your head

pmsl :)

rite im gunna go off topic now did anyone watch the sheff untd match tonight?

dunova
01-03-05, 11:33 PM
WHOA! we're going to ibizaaaaaa, WHOA! back to the island, WHOA! we're gona have a party, WHOA! in the mediterranien sea.

I DO NOT own this album. Promise.

Ps. No to football.

Jack
01-03-05, 11:34 PM
lmfao dunova, you been drinking?

Ricks
01-03-05, 11:36 PM
lol no i was just gunna say tht paddy kenny looks like tht srs1 im sure its him :o

dunova
01-03-05, 11:40 PM
No, no drinking i'm afraid. Scary i know.

lol no i was just gunna say tht paddy kenny looks like tht srs1 im sure its him

Sorry, but what the fook does that say/mean?!?

Have i got songs stuck in peeps heads yet?

Cuma cuma cuma cuma cuma cameeellleeeoonnn :lol: :lol:

Sorry couldn't resist.

Jack
01-03-05, 11:44 PM
lol no i was just gunna say tht paddy kenny looks like tht srs1 im sure its him

Sorry, but what the fook does that say/mean?!?
lmfao so i'm not the only one who couldn't figure that out :lol:

Ricks
01-03-05, 11:46 PM
sorry guys ill explain it better to you.

THERE IS A LAD ON THIS SITE THAT LOOKS LIKE A FOOTBALLER

IS THAT CLEARER FOR YOU NOW?????????????

dunova
01-03-05, 11:48 PM
AAHHHH. The 'Paddy Kenny' bit made it even more confusing. I know football as well as i know Osama Bin Ladin :lol:

Ricks
01-03-05, 11:51 PM
just ignore it all mate. just in one of my fuckin weird moods tonight eerrgghh.

Stuart
01-03-05, 11:57 PM
mr draper is right.

its rare to find a decent nova. so a modern car would be V nice

a 106 would be weapon of choice if i was to start over again.

Ricks
02-03-05, 12:01 AM
i got told to stay away from french cars im really stuck on wht car to get next.ideally i fancy another nova but theyre gettin abit too old now.

Phil_G
02-03-05, 12:07 AM
i got told to stay away from french cars.

who told you that?

mines been fine for me - barely a moments problem in over 50,000 miles of motoring..

Phil

Ricks
02-03-05, 12:10 AM
edit*** i got told tht the parts where very expensive too replace. i think fiat bravos are smart tho

Phil_G
02-03-05, 12:11 AM
fiat is italian tho? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Phil

Ricks
02-03-05, 12:14 AM
well im a thick twat for beliving it then arent i :lol: :lol: fuckin hell i need to go back to school

burgo
02-03-05, 12:15 AM

Phillmao

get a civic you know it makes sence :wink:

dan_mk1
02-03-05, 12:16 AM
Lol, you wasnt on top gear a few months back was ya?

Ricks
02-03-05, 12:16 AM
i told u i was aving a bad day. i fancy a ford next i love drivin my mums at the minute

burgo
02-03-05, 12:22 AM
i told u i was aving a bad day. i fancy a ford next i love drivin my mums at the minuteany more language like that and ill have to bitch slap you

unless it has a cosworth or rs badge of course

Ricks
02-03-05, 12:24 AM
nar mate im to young to get insured on a rs.
i was looking at a fiesta zetec s.
at the minute everycar i think about getting ppl put me off them. i was looking at an mg zr but ppl say there crap

dan_mk1
02-03-05, 12:27 AM
Stop listening to what people say and test drive one yourself. Ever heard of chinese whispers?

burgo
02-03-05, 12:30 AM
mg zr is just a rover 25 with a spoiler kit lol, and what ever you do dont crash it so that you have to have a new door. as brand new doors are to small lol so you have a huge gap

Ricks
02-03-05, 12:30 AM
i just dont wanna get rid of my nova so i think ill put more money into it and get new engine and get sumone to weld it up abit

Jack
02-03-05, 12:32 AM

Phillmao

get a civic you know it makes sence :wink:
EVERYBODY LOVES THE JAP!

scott.parker
02-03-05, 02:14 AM
Japs lick ass,i mean kick ass,lol there women are kinda sexy,the cars are nice,but you can only decide what car you wnat through trial and error!..

go to your local car selling erear,try loads out and see for your self.

Scott

boredbloke
02-03-05, 08:42 AM

Lion King 3 rocks!!!

dig, dig , dig a tunnel, dig, dig , dig a tunnel.....quick before the hyena comes!

I've got a DVD copy if you want me to copy any? pm me

NovaloadedAgain
02-03-05, 09:40 AM
Nice one Kyle, Good to see blockbuster@novaload.net is still strong. Lol.

Nick
02-03-05, 12:17 PM

Lion King 3 rocks!!!

dig, dig , dig a tunnel, dig, dig , dig a tunnel.....quick before the hyena comes!

I've got a DVD copy if you want me to copy any? pm me

it absolutly sucks ! although i wasn't really paying attention to it...

If your all that bothered about how people take the piss out of nova's, sell it and get a car that people like. afterall if you'r only in it for "peoples opinions" then your not really an enthusiast

sickrabbit
02-03-05, 06:28 PM
I'm also sick of it, but there's nothing you can do about it. The statement i hate most is, "Yeah but it's still a nova". I feel like fooking smacking them when they say that. It can be the mintest, best looking fastest nova in the world, but thats all you get from some people.

To an extent they have a point though. A standard nova vs a standard brand new car (ANY car) is going to look 'crap' because its not up to date with technology and its an old design. Its all dated. But a nova that has been customised and well looked after in my eyes is as good, if not better, than new cars that have been customised.

I couldnt agree more mate...people do like to take the rise out of my mk 2 1.2 merit. Yep its an aged car so i expect to get the odd comment , but the one that pigs me the most is CHAV( how snobbish this word makes people seem ). Ok the cars got alloys , a descent stereo, has been de-badged , has a spoiler, fogs and leds washers ( not lowered yet -low wages ), but its cared for and looked after .What has been nice is for some of my work mates ( teachers who are in their 50s ) have remarked how nice the car looks , one of em ( who dissed it ) has suddenly came foward and said how much she loved her Nova ( even now shes got a TT Quattro ) and she still misses it . Its all about taste , and for me I,d rather have my 13yr old Nova which has character built into it rather than a pourpose built shark that some folks ride about in - too uniform ......
and this is coming from a 37 yr old ( yes the aged can rant )

end of sermonn.

epo
02-03-05, 07:44 PM
just buy a golf cant go wrong

Matt Nova
02-03-05, 07:55 PM
I would much rather have a Evo 7/8, Fiesta ST, C2 VTS,!!!! Civic VTR!!!!, )hell i would even rather have a Pug 106 gti or a saxo vts as they handle as standard) etc than a nova, fast sporty and reliable.

I wish to purchase one of these civic vtr's where would i find one :lol:

this is a nova enthusiast site erm we like novas if we didn't why be on the site like it or lump it :wink:

epo
02-03-05, 07:58 PM
nova's deffo arnt that bad
i mean ive had 3

Matt Nova
02-03-05, 07:59 PM
on my 2nd white one :lol:

hopefully to be black soon

sickrabbit
02-03-05, 10:02 PM
If lack of money wasnt the issue Id chuck wadds at mine , new paint job , bucket seats bigger lump the lot...

this addiction could be worse than ebay.

Rexy
03-03-05, 06:42 PM
Quit ur bitchin the lot of you...

Like every old car they have there problems. but come on Novas are such an awesome car to work with.

Ok, i get pished off with mine because its a rot box, But ther amount of fun i have in it is ace.

Nick
03-03-05, 06:47 PM
exactly what i've been saying since the 4th post GT

Who really gives a toss what people say ?

Ricks
03-03-05, 06:49 PM
yer fuck em i like been different

Lukeo
03-03-05, 07:35 PM
yer boyz i got people alwayz dissin Novas and all these girls are drivin brand new cars which MUMMY or DADDY bought em, but think the last nova which was made in 93 :?: lol anywayz, i got in fights wit people bouut them, holdin it down that i av a nova an ther aint any point az that bloke said
"wot u gunna do bout it" ...................................

Dont hate tha playa hat tha Game

sickrabbit
03-03-05, 07:36 PM
Quit ur bitchin the lot of you...

Like every old car they have there problems. but come on Novas are such an awesome car to work with.

Ok, i get pished off with mine because its a rot box, But ther amount of fun i have in it is ace.

ahmen. :twisted:

Nick
03-03-05, 07:51 PM
lol anywayz, i got in fights wit people bouut them, holdin it down that i av a nova an ther aint any point az that bloke said "wot u gunna do bout it" ...................................

Dont hate tha playa hat tha Game

What ??????

NickWalliams
03-03-05, 09:24 PM
Novas are awesome. End of topic. :wink:

SouNd_SystEm_BanGor
03-03-05, 10:27 PM
some ppl diss my nova for bein old but i dont care- its retro n the original moddin car. in a few years they will be cool again when all this chav shit goes

cant believe i havnt noticed this site before

scott.parker
03-03-05, 10:30 PM
some ppl diss my nova for bein old but i dont care- its retro n the original moddin car. in a few years they will be cool again when all this chav s**t goes

Welcome to NL,pics of your car?

Scott

SouNd_SystEm_BanGor
03-03-05, 10:35 PM
some ppl diss my nova for bein old but i dont care- its retro n the original moddin car. in a few years they will be cool again when all this chav s**t goes

Welcome to NL,pics of your car?

Scott
yeah il take some pics when i get the time. its off the road for some welding and mods at the mo

Jack
03-03-05, 11:40 PM

Thankfully the chav crown is starting to pass onto Saxos, Cavaliers and Fiestarrrs (ok well fiestas have had it all along lol)

I remember years ago when the typical "Boy Racer Car" was an Escort.... novas were considered granny cars, and the whole boy racer <-> nova link had yet to be made

Ricks
04-03-05, 12:01 AM
this has got to be the most random topic ever started by me.
its gone from ppl hating novas >a footy player who looks like a member on here> fiats been a french car (i know there italian) and then finally to the chav subject :lol:

COME ON VOTE FOR ME IN THE WEIRD VOTE :wink:

ANDYRACER
04-03-05, 12:06 AM
I get people dissing my novas all the time but i just think there mint anyway whats as cheap and as tuneable for the money Fiestas, clios, id rather walk coz fords are just slow and clios fall apart and are expensive for parts.

Ricks
04-03-05, 12:23 AM
clios fall apart and are expensive for parts.

told u all french cars parts are expensive. dunno about fiats tho wht do italians charge for parts? :lol:

Matt Nova
04-03-05, 12:37 AM
Novas are awesome. End of topic. :wink:

that'll do for me

Ricks
04-03-05, 12:38 AM
yer me 2 time to put this topic to bed now

epo
04-03-05, 05:19 PM
I get people dissing my novas all the time but i just think there mint anyway whats as cheap and as tuneable for the money Fiestas, clios, id rather walk coz fords are just slow and clios fall apart and are expensive for parts.

:roll: :roll:

i really do wish people would open their eyes how can you say fords are slow
have you not heard of rs turbo's cossies ect
as for clio's falling apart how can you say this when there no worse than a nova for rotting

Ricks
04-03-05, 05:23 PM
you have got a point there on all of them epo

Jack
04-03-05, 05:27 PM
:roll: :roll:

i really do wish people would open their eyes
Thats true, a lot of people tend to forget the "better" cars when having a go... apparently Toyotas are boring...

http://www.novaload.net/images/car_images/2521big.jpg

...personally I can't see why people think Toyotas are dull... :lol:

Ricks
04-03-05, 05:29 PM
thts smart as fook