PDA

View Full Version : engine swap trouble please help me

byron20
01-03-05, 02:56 PM
ok im gonna run through everything and hope someone on here can let me know whats wrong.

put a nova gte e16se engine into my corsa sri c14se.
everything has been connected up correct fuel feeds wiring etc.

been left with three wires from the corsa loom, blue with thin red stripe, brown white and brown yellow.

mechanic checked the car over and ht lead and plugs dizzy etc all working.
fuel is getting to the fuel rail.
the injector wiring is pulsing.
timing is correct.
changed the fuel pump and fuel relay.
mechanic reckons that there isnt enough fuel pressure.

please i need help as i use the car for work and ive spent loads of money trying to get it fixed

had the engine running when we sprayed easy start into the inlet manifold

Dar
01-03-05, 06:14 PM
Sounds like your mechanic is right.

See if you can up the fuel pressure or at least find out what it currently is and what it should be. If it is low and you cannot adjust it you may have to fit an adjustable fuel pressure regulator.

Philsutton
01-03-05, 06:19 PM
when my brothers did the conversion they fitted a corsa GSi pump as i dont think the 1.4 one was up to the job

Aragorn
02-03-05, 10:08 AM
1.4sri is mpi just like the gsi - pumps are the same

if it was a 1.4singlepoint then it will have a low pressure pump

the pump does prime correctly when u first turn the key? then it does run while your cranking?

byron20
02-03-05, 10:35 AM
yes i took the feed off at the filter and turned the key and it pumped fuel out of the pipe.

also my car is mpi and i have already tried the corsa gsi pump.

the injector wiring was checked and found to be pulsing.

we had it running on full throttle for a few seconds so it does seem like not enough fuel is getting through.

could it be the fuel pressure regulator?

byron20
02-03-05, 10:35 AM
yes i took the feed off at the filter and turned the key and it pumped fuel out of the pipe.

also my car is mpi and i have already tried the corsa gsi pump.

the injector wiring was checked and found to be pulsing.

we had it running on full throttle for a few seconds so it does seem like not enough fuel is getting through.

could it be the fuel pressure regulator?

Aragorn
02-03-05, 10:40 AM
u got the pipes on the right way round?

with everything connected do u hear the pump run while cranking?

check plug lead ordering and spark plug condition

byron20
02-03-05, 10:45 AM
mechanic checked all that and he said it boiled down to fuel pressure thats why he thought my pump wasnt powerful enough.

but changed it for gsi one which is the same as mine anyway and still dont run

Dar
02-03-05, 10:58 AM
Aragorn has a good point there. Check that the fuel pipes are on the right way around. It sounds silly but if you have the fuel pressure regulator connected before the injector then it will not be pressurised on the injector side because they work by backing up the fuel pressure. So your injector should be between the fuel pressure regulator and the fuel pump.

byron20
04-03-05, 10:12 AM
changed the fuel pipes round and still no luck also checked that the pump is working again and it is.

anymore ideas?

if i fit twin 40's would this get round the problem?