PDA

View Full Version : What And How Much?

nam
28-02-05, 09:31 PM
Right i have been given 2 600w rms subs 2 amps and a head unit. the thing is i have not wiring for them, i was wondering what wiring i would need to get the best sound out of these componants and how much i am looking at?

any help would be great.

Nam

also i will be building 2 corner boxes for the sides of my boot, what meterials would be best for doing this?

5_door owner
28-02-05, 10:56 PM
you can pick up an amp wiringkit for about ?20 that should be enough to wire in ya system.

as for the building materials, i'd just go for between 15 and 20mm MDF

make shore the boxes are made with the right volume though as the sub will sound different if its wrong

Adam
28-02-05, 11:25 PM
If you have two amps then you will need a power distribution block to split one power cable to two power cables. You will also need a RCA(phono) cable splitter to convert 1 output from the HU into the two needed for the amps.

Use 18mm MDF for the sub enclosures, its about ?7 a sheet from b&q.
I used 12mm :roll: to build my sub box for two sony 12", but i don't think its gonna last long before its blown apart. :lol:

So a decent wiring kit should do you, if you are running two 600w rms amps then you will probably need 4guage wiring.

To wire everything up is pretty simple, just remember disconnect your battery before you start playing with live wires :wink: