PDA

View Full Version : GSI Skirts

mattm
28-02-05, 08:08 PM
Just got some GSi skirts from a scrappy, and vauxhall have quoted me ?28 for all the fittings i need to fit them! I aint paying that for a couple of clips so has anyone got any ideas how to fit them without them? Anyone out there done it at all?

Help!

epo
28-02-05, 08:23 PM
i used self tappers washers and double sided tape

mattm
28-02-05, 08:33 PM
and have they fallen off?

epo
28-02-05, 09:01 PM
nope been on 2 years and ive just sold the nova with them on :wink:

ade
28-02-05, 09:18 PM
?28 - thats about right if you get everything - thats 16-18 clips, the equivalent pot riverts with the special heads, side ruvets for the arches and plastic tops to cover the rivets.

you'll need 8 clips per side (I think its 8) - theyre about ?1.50 each and thats it - the rest you can get from B&Q.

the only other thing you need is some pot rivets. The ones vauxhall sell have special heads so you can stick on little plastic covers. I didnt use them - just self tappers and a small washer for the undersides.

you can get foam double sided tape for the rear aech skirt from any local B&Q.

in fact the only thing you need from vauxhall is the clips

You could instead make small wooden blocks that will fit in the raised slots on the rear of the skirts. These could be fastened to the car with a suitable screw (counter sunk). Then all you have to do is fasten the skirt to the car - I woundnt recommend double sided tape - if it comes off when youre driving - at speed could cause damage to your car and those around you. Last thing you want is a 3rd party claim!