PDA

View Full Version : how do you fix harnesses to the floor?

SRlew
28-02-05, 11:06 AM
right i lost my job couple of weeks ago and just got paid so im excited iv got ?250 to spend on me car, going to go buy a stearing wheel and harnesses.
but how do you fix them to the floor. its a 3 point sparco one.
i know you screw the back bit to the floor where the rear seat belts where but what about the 2 side bits?
do they come with all the fixings?

cheers, lew

Philsutton
28-02-05, 11:21 AM
ive used the rear seat belt mount to fix the rear mount on and for the two side ones i used the one on the sub frame and one where the original fixes in

nova---chris
28-02-05, 11:23 AM
I presume being 3 point. 2 points of the belt come throught he rear of the chair to hold you in. and the rear point will attatch to where your rear seat belts fix in.
If not then you must buy some eye hooks and back plates and drill new holes ect ect.

SRlew
28-02-05, 11:51 AM
phill how did you attach one to the sub frame, did you have to drill a hole in it or somthing?

where do you buy eye hooks just incase, like
cheers guys

Philsutton
28-02-05, 11:52 AM
i have subframes that were made for the nova and they came with a fixing on them for the side closest to the hand brake.

SRlew
28-02-05, 11:58 AM
youv got bucets though haven't you. im going to be using my SR seats for the time being.

Philsutton
28-02-05, 12:03 PM
oh right, you should still be able to fix it to the side of the seat as i had my harnesses in before i put my buckets in if i remember right

SRlew
28-02-05, 12:06 PM
yer i'll go and get them and have a look. if i get any trouble i'll post on here.

cheers, lew

srs1
28-02-05, 01:55 PM
pm sent lewis.

you were in my car not so long back. you should have looked.
if your bro has a camera phone i'll send him pics.
let me know

SRlew
28-02-05, 02:15 PM
yer your right sean i should of looked.
yer si has got a camera phone, that'd be wicked if you can mate. he's in amsterdam at the min but he should be back tomorrow.

cheers

srs1
28-02-05, 02:19 PM
no probs matey.
just waiting on getting my car back myself now.

SRlew
28-02-05, 05:37 PM
right then got them in (nearly) i just need to undo the old seat belt bit near the hand brake.
but i carnt get to it unless i take the seats out. so i un done the 2 screws at the front of the seats tried slidding them back to get them out but the side near the hand brake wont come of/out.

why is that is there another screw somewhere or what?

Philsutton
28-02-05, 05:41 PM
i think there is a clip at the back of the runners that stops it sliding all the way off just pop that off an it should come out

SRlew
28-02-05, 05:45 PM
wicked i'll have a look in a sec.

cheers, lew

SRlew
01-03-05, 09:31 AM
right you now by the doors you have a chrome bar on the floor that holds the old seat belt in, well i screwed the harness in there but i carnt get the other bit off. i carnt see any screws holding it on so what do i do?

scott.parker
01-03-05, 11:44 AM
right you now by the doors you have a chrome bar on the floor that holds the old seat belt in, well i screwed the harness in there but i carnt get the other bit off. i carnt see any screws holding it on so what do i do?

If you mean how to remove the bar?

Ah this can be tricky,lol

You just need to tun it and push it the oposit way to what it nomaly faces,just fiddle till it gets in the right place..

Scott

epo
01-03-05, 06:23 PM
with regards the bar i but the harness piece behind the bar and bolted it back on thus keeping it there for future ues should the harness ever get removed

SRlew
01-03-05, 08:16 PM
cheers for that scott. yer it was a bit tricky cause you pull it and twist it then twist it the other way, well something like that.

EPO i wish you'd said something before!! i got em out now, but the passenger one might have to go back in cause my mum aint to keen on the idea of wearing a harness (just started taking lessons)

cheers, lew

epo
01-03-05, 09:40 PM
sorry mate only just read this post :lol:

SRlew
02-03-05, 09:52 AM
lol :lol: cheers though, i don't no why i didn't think of it.

but it looked s**t anyway cause the plastic that surrounds it was melted from when my car caught on fire.