PDA

View Full Version : body strengthening

polly
27-02-05, 08:42 PM
has anyone here fitted the harry hockley body strengthening kit
does it make much difference to yhe handling of the car?

polly
28-02-05, 08:01 PM
anyone??

Dar
28-02-05, 09:23 PM
I haven't fitted the Harry Hockley strengthening kit. But just so that you have some feed back, I have fitted a full roll cage with front and rear struct braces. This makes a difference to the overall strength and rigitdy of the car and therefore gives you a better handling car and makes it feel alot more rigid as well.

To be honest I hadn't driven a Nova before mine and I first drove mine once it had the cage and rear struct brace fitted. But after fitting the front struct brace I found that it was more positive on the front end, so I can only imagine how much worse it would have been without the cage etc.

I dunno if this helps at all, I hope it does.

Dar

scott.parker
01-03-05, 12:24 AM
has anyone here fitted the harry hockley body strengthening kit
does it make much difference to yhe handling of the car?

Well i have one fitted,its more for peac of mind that the car is strong to take the strain the XE gives it,but you wont really need it in,as long as the bay gets stich wellded,and lower arms strengthend with plates then it should be fine,you only realy need the H/h kit if your using the car for rally and the likes of that etc..

As daren said your best to look into getting good cage and braceing for the struts,and a set of fully adjustable coilovers..

scott

craig green
01-03-05, 03:08 PM
Ive had the Harry Hockley chassis kit for bout 3 yrs. It has transformed the handling aplenty. I seriously recommend it.

I'm not into blowing my own trumpet but some fairly influential people have informed me after a session in mine ''thats the best handling Nova ...''