PDA

View Full Version : Just bought this beast!!!!

dunova
27-02-05, 07:14 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/tezray/redsaloon.bmp

Well, its not actually the one above, mine's a 4 door but otherwise they're identical (couldn't be ar5sed to take a photo). Got it for ?150 with 9 months MOT and 2 months tax. No faults and only rust is on drivers door. It's to get me about whilst my gsi is being fixed (i need an engine loom if anyone has one :wink: )

What do you think?!?!

scott.parker
27-02-05, 07:28 PM
Sell both novas and get a golf! :lol:

dunova
27-02-05, 07:39 PM
I'm going to fix the gsi, sell it, sell my engine bits, then buy the vectra. Then i'll have to do something with this one :? maybe do it up 'take the pi55 styliee'. I'm thinking my 17" venoms, wan!er lights, clear rear's, HUGE backbox and 'Motorsport' sunstrip :lol:

scott.parker
27-02-05, 07:42 PM
Nice yeah do it,chav style.. :lol:

Philsutton
27-02-05, 07:45 PM
Sell both novas and get a golf!
only golf worth getting is the mk 1 as all the others have to many burgers

dunova
27-02-05, 07:48 PM
only golf worth getting is the mk 1 as all the others have to many burgers

You what??

Yup, complete chav style. Any other idea's? Maybe a make shift bonnet vent :lol:

Oh, almost forgot, number 1000!!!!! :B-fly:

Philsutton
27-02-05, 07:50 PM
i meant they are a bit on the overweight side of things

dunova
27-02-05, 07:52 PM
Ahhh, know what you mean. I would say mk2's aren't too bad, but mk3 onwards are definately morbiddley obese lol. Just the doors on them are probably heavier than my car.

Philsutton
27-02-05, 07:55 PM
i always thought the mk2's were the same size as a nova until i parked my nova next to my mates, the golf looked huge and the nova looked like a mini next to it.

dunova
27-02-05, 08:06 PM
I don't think i've ever been parked next to one, but from just looking they seem v.similar. What do you reckon epo??

I suppose bigger and heavier usually equals more comfortable and quiter though. And golfs are quite comfortable and last for miles and miles. German engineering i suppose....

Mike.
27-02-05, 08:08 PM
mk2 golfs aren't bad but the mk1 is the best by miles, but i still like my nova lol

epo
27-02-05, 08:55 PM
first of all the pic dont work lol

the golfs definatly bigger it took longer to clean :lol:
but the extras\comforts are very good considering the age
for example ive got heated washer jets the clocks inside do mpg + others tuff cant remember just little things

dunova
27-02-05, 09:05 PM

Yeah sorry, there's something up with photobucket at the moment-hence why my sig isn't working either :roll:

heated washer jets

You what?? :o

scott.parker
27-02-05, 09:09 PM

Yeah sorry, there's something up with photobucket at the moment-hence why my sig isn't working either :roll:

heated washer jets

Thats ace fro this kind of shit wheath we have been having...good idea. :P

mikey14sr
27-02-05, 09:15 PM
heated washer jets

high spec omega's had them if anyone wants vaux ones, just wire them up to the rear screen relay :idea: :!:

Ben
28-02-05, 04:53 PM
Got an engine loom if you want one terry!

epo
28-02-05, 05:02 PM
heated washer jets

yeah i was surprised for a 1991 car to have something like that
its full of little trick bits

Nick
28-02-05, 05:40 PM
is that purely to defrost the actual jet so it works on cold days ?

or is it to squirt hot water onto windscreen, thus clearning off ice in the morning ?

epo
28-02-05, 07:19 PM
defrost the jet

dunova
28-02-05, 07:57 PM
Got an engine loom if you want one terry!

Nice one, have you got a siemens one? How much?

I've decided to paint the saloon gloss black-with a paint brush :D
It's going to look awesome, all colour coded.

I was thinking of doing the following though-Masking off 'dodge viper' stripes so the cars black with red stripes. OR Just having a red stripe running down each side. OR masking off 'NOVA' in large letters on each side and painting the rest black. What do you think? Any other design ideas?!

I wouldn't mind a desent front bumper, but i'm painting it probably tommorrow so dont really have time. Although if i get a gte front bumper it won't be hard to hand brush it gloss black lol

epo
28-02-05, 08:18 PM
sod the gte bumper get one as big as possible from a mahoosive car :lol:

dunova
28-02-05, 08:30 PM
Sounds good mate, although i plan on spending as close to zero as possible on this car. :? Maybe i could find a damaged one on ebay or something-i'm thinking a delta 2 front :D I'll have a look. But it's hard on a budget of zero. Maybe i'll get my wood working bench out lol

epo
28-02-05, 08:58 PM
lol cardboard make a card board bumper

scott.parker
28-02-05, 10:15 PM
The best paint you can use is Boat/barge paint,it can be applyed by hadn and it wont come off as long as you give it a light rub down with wet & dry..

Should look ace :lol:

Scott

dunova
28-02-05, 10:26 PM
Thanks for the advice mate and agreed, it will look great lol

Where can i get boat/barge paint from? I was going to go to B&Q and get some hammerite or something-would this not give as good a finish as the boat stuff?

Jack
28-02-05, 10:26 PM
:roll:

IMO saloons can look good when tidied up (well the two door ones), I was going to keep hold of mine and put some SR bumpers on, cav alloys, 40mm drop, gsi sideskirts etc etc etc.

But then this (http://www.novaload.net/features/viewfeature.php?ref=2521) came along*
http://www.novaload.net/images/car_images/2521big.jpg
...and I need some money for a service :lol: so the saloon is on its way - its a shame as I'd wanted one for a while, eventually picked up a perfect one and now it has to be sold before I had a chance to do what I wanted with it :cry:

*Its the GT-Four Pic Whore lol

scott.parker
28-02-05, 10:30 PM
Thanks for the advice mate and agreed, it will look great lol

Where can i get boat/barge paint from? I was going to go to B&Q and get some hammerite or something-would this not give as good a finish as the boat stuff?

Not 100% on where you buy it from,i know my mate use it on his Landrover 90 it left a good finish you see,as it dont leve the brush strokes in it,but covers very thick and even...humm i guess you migh get away with a paint thats ment to be used on meatal garage doors? :P

Scott

dunova
28-02-05, 10:34 PM
Well i'll look into it then, but not sure if i'll get hold of any :?

I'll have a look in good old B&Q, maybe it'll be gloss black garage door paint i use. I may even splash out abit and get satin black :lol:

Atm, i'm thinking of leaving red 'dodge viper' stripes down the centre. Should look rruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuddddeeeee :lol:

scott.parker
28-02-05, 10:54 PM
No No No,i have a better idea,that will give a Really hard edge look,and a kind 60's 70's theam..get some 1" masking tape put on the car ofset to one side(you choose the side you want) then get some 2" and lay it about 1 1/2 inches away from the one 1 inch,so you have two stipes set accross the hole car,bonnet roof boot,but there diffrent size and the offset look will look ace! :D hope you get me?lol

Scott

dunova
28-02-05, 10:59 PM
^^^ Yeah pretty sure i get you. Not a bad idea, i'll mull it over abit :lol:

I wonder if i'll get stopped by the raz for having a hand painted car :lol:

scott.parker
28-02-05, 11:22 PM
Here is my quick shop,lmao

:lol: :lol:
http://img219.exs.cx/img219/4237/hotrodnova9bi.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

Scott

dunova
01-03-05, 09:29 AM
Nice one mate :lol:

That looks excellent. Probably how straight my lines will end up being aswell lol. Think i might do my stripes down the passenger side though.

I was thinking about painting the windows aswell-at the moment its embarrasing driving this wagon :oops: I think i will definately get stopped then though :roll:

epo
01-03-05, 06:20 PM
:roll:

IMO saloons can look good when tidied up (well the two door ones), I was going to keep hold of mine and put some SR bumpers on, cav alloys, 40mm drop, gsi sideskirts etc etc etc.

But then this (http://www.novaload.net/features/viewfeature.php?ref=2521) came along*
http://www.novaload.net/images/car_images/2521big.jpg
...and I need some money for a service :lol: so the saloon is on its way - its a shame as I'd wanted one for a while, eventually picked up a perfect one and now it has to be sold before I had a chance to do what I wanted with it :cry:

*Its the GT-Four Pic Whore lol

its a well smart car mate the only thing tho
its got 3 spokes on :wink:

Jack
01-03-05, 06:30 PM
its a well smart car mate the only thing tho
its got 3 spokes on :wink:
Those will be the first things to go :lol:

NovaloadedAgain
01-03-05, 06:38 PM
Come on Epo, The 3 spokes are to remind him of Nova's= GSi/GTE alloys! Lol :)

epo
01-03-05, 06:56 PM
lol nice one

i hated my sri when it had the gte\gsi wheels on they just so ugly not a fan at all

NovaloadedAgain
01-03-05, 07:13 PM
Yeah I have to agree with you mate, Not a fan either, But sayin that my mate had a silver GSi & it looked very smart when it was lowered with them on. I had them on my white Nova-They looked pants. I think it depends on the colour of the Nova