PDA

View Full Version : Tailgate looking odd??

Craig_Nova
26-02-05, 06:46 PM
My tailgate on my J reg nova is weird, its like open more on 1 side. When i close it, on 1 side i can fit my fingers down the side in the hole and it sticks out above the lights a bit more, On the other side its closed perfectly, I checked all the rubbers and the hinge pins. Any ideas on what it is and how to fix it

Mitchybee
26-02-05, 06:53 PM
Mine does this slightly, so does my bonnet, its properly where it has been taken off in the past for some reason or another, im just going to take mine to my local bodyshop to get them to sort it...

But if any one knows how to fix it, i would be intrested aswell

think about it, my reply is pretty usless :roll:

Craig_Nova
26-02-05, 06:55 PM
Horrible thing to have, i got all my ice in the boot all it takes is somebody with a crowbar and well you know the rest.

General Baxter
26-02-05, 06:58 PM
nothing really can be done as i think theres 3mm diff on every nova or this could just be the arches

anyway the crowbar, easy one todo here alarm :wink:

Jack
26-02-05, 06:58 PM
Hmmm. Check the rear slam panel for signs of damage or repair. This is exactly what my hatch was like after it got shunted up the rear, even after being repaired. Hopefully its just the tailgate thats twisted a bit, so a new one will fit in straight... but if its the actual car thats wonky then... argh lol.

NOVA_JONO
26-02-05, 07:07 PM
My mates is like this, tailgate is twisted slightly, this is because it has been shunted up the rear, on his there is a crease in the spare wheel well, check for damage. Best way to sort it is get bodyshop to pull it out, or get new tailgate, imo.

Jono.

rednova
27-02-05, 05:17 PM
I work in a body shop - the 2 rubbers that screw in each side of the tailgate - try adjusting these to get the gaps equal - its what theyre for, you can always apply gentle pressure - open the tailgate and twist it - you can leave the glass in for this also check the stricker pin etc. hth phil

Mike.
27-02-05, 05:52 PM
this happens on mine but its the tailgate thats slightly twisted, because of some rear end damage