PDA

View Full Version : good news

Doc
19-04-02, 11:32 AM
Just a bit of good news i thought id share with u. Some of you might remember my J 1.2i nova was rear ended and written off by a veccy driving rep. Anyways he admitted full liability and after 4 weeks of waiting and removing "bits" from my nova they sent an assessor round. When assessed my car was standard aprt from alarm/immobiliser and a ppm backbox. It was mint with only 56000 miles on it.
Anyways finally got anoffer from them last week and the cheque came today, i couldnt believe it they gave me ?1305.68 for my smashed up nova! I was well chuffed, everyone was saying dont accept 1st offer and i particularly remember ste saying i would get ?700 max for it!! Nice to c a good payout for once i think, i would of argued for more but i had no argumant seeing novas of same spec and same condition are only going for about ?1000.
Plus i made a tidy profit on all the bits i took off so its off to the bank to deposit my big fat cheque, and decide what to spend it on next...any ideas?? The words S R and i spring to mind! :)

The moral of this story is, its not always the end of the world when some twat face writes off your car. :D

P.S-Going to Magaluf tomorrow-life is sweet!

ade
19-04-02, 01:24 PM
nice one. insurance company with a BIG heart and wallet!
Sounds like u like your novas, SRi's good - get a goodish one with that cash - maybe cover extra in insurance too.

Ade

oh now, that is interesting!

macca_novasr
19-04-02, 03:40 PM
wot insurance company was that mate?

brian.bb
20-04-02, 02:59 AM
a fuckn good one by the sounds of it:D