PDA

View Full Version : got it started but sounds messy.

BongMong
26-02-05, 04:22 PM
i gave up on the nova gte, desided to put it all back together and phone a pro. i left the starter motor out.

still the fuel pump was'nt "loading" so i just tried the jump lead from black battery to head/block aand the fuel pump "loaded".

i called a friend over who bump started me in 2nd. it started second time with messy idle @2.500rpm, any lower it would stall..

ok we cut it off and tried again, it would'nt stay running, few big bangs and black smoke from tail pipe..

going to try again tomorrow.

theres no starter motor install.
no airfilter on the meter..
battery is dead..
earthing is weak..
fuel pump was on constant for 1hr or 2hrs, this resulted in fuel dripping from the downpipe gasket, will all these faults cause the crappy condition of the tick over? soundlike some cyl's wer'nt firing..

m.d.
26-02-05, 06:04 PM
connect it all up properly then if the problems persist let us know

Aragorn
27-02-05, 10:42 AM
get the earthing sorted first

the rest of it isnt major but bad earthing will cause it to run shite

your probably missing the gearbox earthstrap (or the one u have is toast)

it could possibly be a bad injector or more likely wrong plug lead ordering (hence unburnt fuel entering the zorst and it not wanting to idle)
i had 2 and 3 backwards on the 1.2i i rebuilt and it did the same, needed loads of revs to get it to stay running, sounded like a v8 and as soon as i let off the gas it stalled

BongMong
02-03-05, 08:13 PM
just bought all my earth straps, gonna fit them tomorrow.

BongMong
02-03-05, 08:14 PM
if the body to grbox earth snaps, will the fuel pump "load" with ignition?

Aragorn
02-03-05, 09:56 PM
no as the relay earths to the fuel rail and if theers no strap theres no path from engine to chassis