PDA

View Full Version : ecu warning light

markgte
26-02-05, 03:04 PM
can anybody help me with an engine management light fault code ?my car runs ok but the light is on .using a paperclip in the 10 pin multiplug I have code read the car it keeps producing a code 46 as well as the code 12 which I believe is a test code .The ecu is a siemens type fitted to a 1991 h reg gte mark one, but I have no idea of what the code means HELP! :(

Ste_Nova
26-02-05, 07:19 PM
46 EST Lines (Voltage High)

markgte
27-02-05, 01:15 AM
thanks but what are "est" lines? :D

Aragorn
27-02-05, 10:30 AM
ste those are the wrong codes for jetronic/ezplus

topbuzz has them listed as the same as motronic and they arent

iirc 46 is oil temp sender which is on the back middle of the block (2 pin thing)

markgte
27-02-05, 11:09 AM
:P superb! I had a feeling it would be that sensor. Thanks a lot!!!

Ste_Nova
27-02-05, 12:02 PM
oops... just bypass it then.... its inline with a water sensor anyway

thegsikid
27-02-05, 09:13 PM
i had the same code come up on mine this site my help find a answer for you http://www.topbuzz1.carenthusiasts.co.uk/info/fault_codes/fault_codes.htm#gm
let me know how u get on from
chris :wink:

markgte
27-02-05, 09:35 PM
:) got the sensor for the oil temp which was the wrong one (in terms of size) however I did plug this up to the loom and the light went out!
so ill go back tommorrow and get the right one,I have also solved another electrical problem, my battery was flat after two days and it turned out to be the relay for the sidelights which is a common problem I believe.So jobs a gud un!

thegsikid
01-03-05, 08:30 PM
where is the sensor on the engine because i got the same code but i wasnt sure where the sensor was cheers

Aragorn
02-03-05, 09:50 AM
its only inline on the early all bosch system

the later bosch-siemens system its a proper variable resisitor with its own feed to teh ecu

and as i said topbuzz is a waste of time because all the codes it lists are for motronic and they are different

markgte
02-03-05, 12:56 PM
The sensor is on the back of the block near the starter motor it is a 22mm nut with two pin connection, I have just got one from vauxhall as no where else sells em cost 26 quid!! but it has done the job a nd car is running great now! Thanks for all the help lads. :D

thegsikid
08-03-05, 03:33 PM
found out what was rong with me oil sensor. the wires are there and part of the sensor is in the block and the other bit is on the end of the wires