PDA

View Full Version : trouble starting my 1.4 SR.... HELP

SRlew
26-02-05, 11:57 AM
right my battrey was going flat as the car has been sat for a week or so.
so i got some jump leads, connected mine to my mums car (which worked)

put petrol in it last night, tryed starting it just then and it starts but i pushed the accelarator down, held it down and the rev's slowly climed then when i took my foot off the accelarator (to let it idle) it just dies.

hel aprieciated.

cheers, lew

mikey14sr
26-02-05, 12:11 PM
auto choke probably gone mate

SRlew
26-02-05, 12:46 PM
whats the deal with that then, can i buy a new one or get it fixed?
where abouts is it?

cheers,lew

Oldboy
27-02-05, 07:54 PM
Just fixed mine this weekend, had the same symptoms. Got a new auto choke unit for ?80 as opposed to buying a new carb. So far so good, starts and runs fine. Took me about half an hour to do, and I have nt worked on cars in years. Look up carburettor hospital on the net, based in Rochford Essex.

General Baxter
27-02-05, 08:00 PM
Just fixed mine this weekend, had the same symptoms. Got a new auto choke unit for ?80 as opposed to buying a new carb.

when its going to break again :o

be better to get a manual choke conversion for ?15 off ebay :lol:

or just a nice webber 32/34 and have a manual choke and a bit more power like me :wink:

SRlew
27-02-05, 08:37 PM
cool.
do you need a manual choke to use a 32/34 webber,
cause i was thinking of getting one any way soon, if i dont get it valverd this year that is.

cheers, lew

mikey14sr
27-02-05, 09:20 PM
do you need a manual choke to use a 32/34 webber

the 32/34 is only avaialable with manual, the auto on the pierburg was designed for convenience but they obviously didnt expect them to still be around

SRlew
28-02-05, 09:22 AM
alright, cheers for that.
well i actually got it started last night, so woke up early today to get my mum to drive it on to the front garden (knocked the wall down yesterday) cause it runs out of tax today and im a learner and jobless.

but she drove it up this massive curb nearly ripped my front bumper and no plate off it got it stuck on a plant she floored it was wheel spinning on some gravle, an now theres stone chips on my wing.
luckily i need new wings from where my bro crashed it and iv got new bumpers.

cheers all