PDA

View Full Version : which race track is better...

ade
19-04-02, 09:07 AM
K guys, need your advice...my work have just relaunched themselves (One2One became T-Mobile yesterday) and to celebrate they gave most of their employees red letters - including me. For those that dont know, these are free fun day activities (like those tank driving days you can buy in WHSmiths). One of the prizes is a high speed racing day at either Donny, Castle Comb or Silverstone - the cars range from Ferrari to Formula 1 special 2 seaters depending on which circuit you choose but it doesnt say which car is at which circuit. Wot I need from you guys is which circuit is best and do any of you know from experience know wot cars are at which traxx. I've never been to any of the circuits (nearest to me is Knockhill). So, Donny, Castle Comb or Silverstone.....

Ade

oh now, that is interesting!

Stuart
19-04-02, 10:51 AM
personally i'd go for the tank driving or off roading :D

Silverstone is a good long track esp if your gonna be messin about in fast cars, Knockhill is bad coz has that bastid hairpin up a hill near the end lol

Stuart - droll guy with great arse and suicidal tendencies but
great in bed.

(from MIG)

CP
19-04-02, 11:03 AM
In order the best first:
1. Silverstone
2. Donny
3. Castle Combe

Personally I'd go for Silverstone cos you can learn it before going, on any of the PC/Console motor racing games. If you get the chance to drive on the British grand prix circuit who wouldn't? and its the biggest and fastest of all of them. I've heard that they do some excellent days there but its expensive - not a prob for u

v1nce
19-04-02, 12:43 PM
dont think ull b on the full GP circuit at silverstone, but would still b quite a rush flat out down the start finish str8 pretending 2 fend off schmacher 4 a win at ure home GP :D lol

id go 2 donnington thou. theres some nice flowing corners and long str8s (aint a kart circuit like the silverstone national and club circuits r!)

Freak
19-04-02, 02:08 PM
Having done the track session at trax round silverstone the last few years, i would deffo say silverstone.
Awesome circuit.
Donnington is good, but nowhere near as good.

Castle coombe.....erm.....bargain basement in the company of the other two im afaid.

Just go for the one with the ferraris. lol

fleming
19-04-02, 06:40 PM
Dunno really tough 1, I've been to pretty much all the circuits in the country. Like 'Freak' said Combe isnt all that special, although its quite a decent circuit, the facilities are shit! Donington is very technical and hard to learn, has a lot of character mind u! Silverstone isnt so technical, but is the better all round venue, with facilites and the like! Go for Silverstone i reckon, end of the day its the home of the British GP! Cant c u being on the full GP circuit, u start off on the Stowe circuit i believe.

mowgli
19-04-02, 11:45 PM
Hi I would go for Donington.The craner curves are great, and you can laugh every time you pass the bridge that Nigel Mansell twatted on a BTCC Mondeo. Silverstone is on top of a hill, and the wind freezes your nuts off, Castle Combe is too far. Donington does suffer from planning restrictions on noise, so the really lary motors might not be used there. cheers