PDA

View Full Version : 2.0 16v Finally Running, Advice on Finishing Bits

elgan
25-02-05, 07:39 PM
Everythings in, wiring loom is all well hidden away..

Remaining...

Exhaust System

Driveshafts

Quick Bit of advice needed

Exhaust bore, 2", 2 1/4" or 2 1/2" ? Whats the best size for my XE running SFi.

Driveshafts, Cant get any Nova GTE shafts in the correct fit, need some aftermarket ones, who can recomend which ones to get and what sort of prices? understand you can get one swith cav inner and outer cv's and some that will take the nova outer cv's.

Getting it ready for this years shows doesnt seem a million miles away now!

Cheers

Elgan

david dixon
25-02-05, 07:46 PM
i would go for 2 1/4 inch exhaust.
you can use nove gte shafts and cav inner joints (mk2) and nova outers!

krobinson
25-02-05, 07:47 PM
Fantastic mate, glad to hear your getting close to completion!!

However i dont know what driveshafts are best as i've never done the conversion!

Sorry

Keith

m.d.
25-02-05, 08:08 PM
ive just got a 2 1/4 inch bore system on mine. works perfectly with the power of the engine. make sure you get a massive back box or it will sound like a cherry bomb tho. i had to get a third box fitted because of that

Snowface
26-02-05, 11:23 AM
you need 22-spline GTE shafts, yours may be 28. Then you need mk2 cav inners or something.

Dar
26-02-05, 09:32 PM
If you have the cash, take it to longlife. Ask then to make it as quite as poss (It will still be loud). Thats all I did with mine and I have had no problems at all. Was well worth the cash. I think mine is 2 1/4" bore which works fine. My whole system cost around ?360 supplyed and fitted.

As for the driveshafts you can either buy ready made driveshafts. Or try and find the 22 spline shafts, again depends on funds.

Benn
27-02-05, 10:41 AM
i have a set of nova 2lt18v drive shafts for sale....