PDA

View Full Version : Won't start.. please help...

BongMong
25-02-05, 02:12 PM
the past 3 days the GTE wont start.. ok it does when i charge the battery.. but not today..

as normal i took the battery out for a 2hr charge...
i took my airflow meter off so i could adjust my alternator.

i put everythin back and replaced the battery..
my fuel pump is wigning and the relay in the engine bay next to ECU is clicking. Starter motor won't even turn over....

went and bought a new relay and airflow meter but the problem is still there and will not start....

i tried to bump it, but its like siezed.....

any ideas?

dunova
25-02-05, 02:59 PM
i took my airflow meter off so i could adjust my alternator.

Have you put the alternator earth strap back on? Sounds stupid, but i've done it before lol. The AFM is connected back up yes? I'd get a new battery aswell, might help things abit.

The fuel pump relay should click (when the ignition is turned on), but if it's clicking constantly this suggests a bad earth. I had the same problem when my gearbox earth strap was knackered. This also caused petrol to get into the oil and then it needed an oil change aswell :roll:

Does all the power seem to go off when you turn the key to start it?

My fuel pump only ever whines if i'm JUST about to run out of petrol-you do have petrol in it dont you?

As for weather the engine is seized, try turning the engine over with a 19(?) socket and then you'll know. Hope that helps or gives you some idea's.