PDA

View Full Version : Donny

Novaload Admin
14-04-02, 08:23 PM
top show, thanks to cp for travelling all the way up to show his car, rick marland and phil g and daz also for showing.

no thanks to kev watching me polish car and refuse to help, even though we did his tea and breakfast :p

met loads of people and had a good laugh, kayll on stage was funny as f...

too tired to waffle on, pics to follow when kev pulls his finger out, anyone else has pics post a link, or mail kev about uploading and we'll host.

ste also had a smashing time :p

Breeny
14-04-02, 09:17 PM
yeh had a great time, im off to bed catch ya later. (p.s. MC pays ?22 for his haircut) :p

kevw
14-04-02, 10:04 PM
Yea was good, and Ian it was good to see you do sum work :P

Thanks again to everyone who came etc.

Im sorting the pics now!

-------------------
[-devil.jpg-]kev@novaload.net

bob
14-04-02, 10:38 PM
I wish I had come :( I was going to come on sunday,had it all planned,but an 18yr old lasses 18th party+ 7pints+ 3 wkd blues and some gear saw me a lil unfit in the morning,and couldnt blag a lift as me mates had gone :( was at the donny cruise friday nite tho,there was a good turn out of novas,including 2 with leather interiors,which is what I want next! one had black leather and the other was a red nova on 17" kahns with magnolia and burgandy seatage and dash-v nice. At least my cars almost ready to take the old 1400 out and slot the replacement 1400 in now and I have my own engine crane now kewl as fap

Ready for Donny 2k2???

Phil_G
15-04-02, 11:22 AM
Ello,

great time was had, cheers all!!

even if we ended up annoying some audio company by parking in their area at first! :D

everyones cars looked great, and there were plenty of ideas to be had.

shame about the dust tho (and micky going oer my car "you missed a bit" etc) :P

great to meet some more peeps from here

c yaz

Phil

Novaload Admin
15-04-02, 01:55 PM
do some work???

lol ok, i will just remind u who sorted the stand out and who sold more stickers :p

oh and sorted my car, and showed it unlike some lazy welsh and geordie muppets. :p

was top weekend, met some people off site was prob rude cos trying to clean car on my own(thanks kev)
was loads to see, shame we were in with the ice displays and a dusty area.

at least the weather was good.

i can see a poll coming, who is the biggest tart, breeny(slip ons, hotelling it, generally beinga fag) or MC, pays ?22 for haircut at Toni & Guy, loves going on sunbeds, and admits doesnt like having his hands dirty now, he didnt admit to manicures though! but he still wears slip ons, bloody southerners lol.

micky, u spy loads of birds then, seeing as u disappeared all day?

bob
15-04-02, 03:37 PM
grrrr wish I fappin came, stoopid booze n gear :( its ur friend on the nite, ur nemesis in the morning!

a car that works properly?- think Im daydreaming...

Dave_Hay
15-04-02, 03:44 PM
wheres the pics then?

djp_y2k
15-04-02, 06:45 PM
The show was wicked some nice cars, espeacially on the redline stand (that BMW eith the cossie engine in it, and some very BIG brakes).

Brets stipped out nova was somethin pretty speacial to, espeacially liked the dash.

If that was Ians purple nova with the new and improved BAT front bumper on, well done mate for making ur car look sweeter still.

Hope u will all be goin to the other shows when donny go on tour. I just hope my car will be ready for them :(

CP
15-04-02, 07:05 PM
Yep top show and top strippers at the adult channel evening do:)
Cheers go to Ian for sorting everything, Emma for remembering to bring absolutely everything needed for a top BBQ and to Kev and the other lads for making us welcome. Special thanks go esp. to Dawn for finding my keys and then somehow managing to re-unite me with them :'>
Nice to see all you lads from oop North - it was a good laff.

As for the cars - well as usual there was as good a turn out as you'll see anywhere with just about everything to do with cars and modding there. I particularly like Donny cos its the first real chance to see what peeps have been busy with all winter and we weren't disappointed with a lot of new stuff plus a lot of re-worked stuff. Plenty of fast & furious influences everywhere. Saw some real nice Novas such as Ians which was pulling big crowds all weekend, and a really sweet 3dr saloon. But I have to say that without being biased at all, the car of the show for me was Brett Warburtons 2.0l Nova. It is no exaggeration to say that it is absolutely flawless and utterly stunning in every department that you care to think of. I spent some time early 1 morning looking round and under this car and there has been no expense spared and no detail left unsorted. This is a must see car as it basically shows all of us the way.
I'm looking forward to see him trying to crack 14 secs up at the 'Pod

ollster
17-04-02, 10:54 AM
did anybody see the 23" rims on the toyo stand. HMmmmmmmmmm with a bit of work and a chainsaw they might jus fit lol

live fast, die young, leave good looking corpse

novacane
17-04-02, 06:52 PM
hey, am a new comer so be gentle with me!!!
Would just like to say Donny was a top weekend, thoughriougly enjoyed myself, and must say Bretts Nova was gorgeous, i took photos and they have pride of place on my bedroom wall, A stunner.
laters hx

Rich Dale
18-04-02, 12:44 AM
Was a mint show but I couldn't seem to find you lot :(

Well...I say that, I did find what I thought was the novaload area but couldn't see anyone I recognised from billing.
I saw what I thought was Ian's Nova (the blue one at the top of this page), the stripped put rally-style red and white one and that immaculate original looking Red SR.

I was well impressed with that blue/green 2.0 Turbo saloon!!! I always thought that 3-door hatch arches would look mint on a 2-door saloon and they do! Clever use of front wings welded onto the back too to get a rounded lower lip.
Anyone notice that it also had a slide/tilt sunroof? Correct me if I'm wrong, but the 2-door never had one of those fitted from the factory as only base-spec models used the 2-door shell. I gather then that he had a 4-door roof skin (including sunroof, like from a Pearl or GL etc) welded on?
It was impressive anyway.

I ended up taking my Dad along 'cos it was his Birthday! He felt so out of place...lol....saying that though, he seamed to be going back to his past self when he was young and modded cars himself 'cos he started talking about doing a load of mods to his Corsa!
I persuaded him to not buy a chrome zorst bolt on trim though.....he almost did :O

My mate Rob spent all his time drooling over the Jap stuff.......he's after a Civic or Prelude with wings west kit etc. for his next car, to replace his Pug 306, though after seeing some nice Pugs there, he might keep it.
It tried my best to convince him that a Nova (or other Vaux) is the way to go, but failed :(

Anyway......I've got loads of pics from the show and when I get a spare hour or so, I'll get 'em up on novabug.
I've not got many of Novas though 'cos peeps kept standing in the way all the time....graaa

Oh......did anyone else get stuck in the huuuuugggee traffic jam to get in on Sunday? Fooking took ages and my engine started to over-heat (fan switch not working.....as I discovered on the day!

CP
18-04-02, 10:12 PM
You were correct wiv our area - did you not see Novaload stickers on them?? lol!
The secret with the traffic at Donny is to get there early - like b4 8.00am and leave early else its a bitch.