PDA

View Full Version : ON ICE

NovaloadedAgain
25-02-05, 08:49 AM
Hi guys

For those of you that know me & my car, You know how much money & time has gone into the car in recent months.
Last night I lost the rear end on a bend at 35mph (Speed limit was 50mph) & it still wasnt enough for the car to make the bend & the rear end spun into a wall. To be truthful Its not too bad. I will post pics later. Its rear quarter panel damage, I will get it fixed.
But please be careful guys, Its very slippery. Black ice etc.

raza
25-02-05, 09:11 AM
Unlucky least ya ok m8 .. Not bad here the weather is sunny and quite hot typicle British weather But glad ya ok

NovaloadedAgain
25-02-05, 09:31 AM
Yeah, Im fine so thats the main thing. Still...I got a mate who can probably do it very quick & cheap, so its not the end of the world.

raza
25-02-05, 09:36 AM
Thats good then always god when u no people who can do stuff aint it

NovaloadedAgain
25-02-05, 09:40 AM
Yeah, Ive got some good connections around my area, Mechanics, MOT testers that arent complete knob heads, Sprayers, Motor factors who give nice discounts when they know ya family! Lol. But could do without this really! :?

sdn2004
25-02-05, 10:10 AM
http://www.letsgetgardening.com/graphics/saxo.jpg
Ice on the road in front of me the other night this saxo was in front flying round a bend in a 30 zone, went to fast lost it rolled over the bank, pulled over called police etc, the driver said he didnt see the ICE! The policeman asked him if he wanted a sign on the road!! At 2.00am when this happened the tempeture according to my corsa was -3 C. It had snowed bad the night before so black ice was everywhere personally I reckon the twat in the saxo had been drinking. Good job it was not a nova!

raza
25-02-05, 10:16 AM
damn was the person driving the car injured? if not he was fooking lucky :|

Jack
25-02-05, 10:21 AM
lol @ the lexarse lights on that saxo...

I've been a bit sideways in the GT-Four a couple of times, and thats 4wd with BIG tyres and not even going at speed. Luckily there was nobody else around at the time. Just shows that even going slow round corners the ice can still catch you out.

We had some snow late yesterday evening, and its frozen overnight. The roads are like an ice rink; gritters go out at like 6-7pm which is far too early, by the time the roads start to freeze up the grit has been swept away by traffic.

And yet my mate in his GTi-6 STILL blasts down country back lanes at over 90mph, including the ones he rolled his mint 205 1.9 GTi on... :roll:

sdn2004
25-02-05, 10:34 AM
No injured people. Prob to drunk to feel it anyway! He really did stink on booze, could not have been 18 yet either i dont reckon!?

raza
25-02-05, 10:43 AM
his insurance is gonna rocket up .. People Just dont understand how bad roads can be when they are icey u can be driving at 5 mph and u hit ice and break and u aint gonna stop If it is too bad i tend not to drive As cant be doing with crashing and getting my insurance any higher but there is always people on the roads crashing when it is Icey and they blame the gritters for not gritting the road .. Simple Dont drive on the roads when icey unless neccasary id rather walk to the shop in the freezing cold than take my car maybe hit some ice and crash smash my car up pay ?100s to get it fixed all for a pack of ?4 fags Makes sence walking :D

sdn2004
25-02-05, 10:46 AM
his insurance is gonna rocket up .. People Just dont understand how bad roads can be when they are icey u can be driving at 5 mph and u hit ice and break and u aint gonna stop If it is too bad i tend not to drive As cant be doing with crashing and getting my insurance any higher but there is always people on the roads crashing when it is Icey and they blame the gritters for not gritting the road .. Simple Dont drive on the roads when icey unless neccasary id rather walk to the shop in the freezing cold than take my car maybe hit some ice and crash smash my car up pay ?100s to get it fixed all for a pack of ?4 fags Makes sence walking :D
I agree. All these accidents to other people still put our insurance up to though!!!

burgo
25-02-05, 01:14 PM
ya kent beat a bit of snow on the back roads its great fun, having said that was only going 30mph and just playing with the old bar

General Baxter
25-02-05, 01:45 PM
if i can RIDE on ice on my motorbike with out crashing im sure somebody with a bit of skill can control a car on ice :wink:

epo
25-02-05, 05:30 PM
we had an acciedent at work yesterday night

we have two vans and one reversed into the side door of the other
?1500 for a new door

alls i can say was at least i wasnt driving :lol:

epo
25-02-05, 05:31 PM
we had an acciedent at work yesterday night

we have two vans and one reversed into the side door of the other
?1500 for a new door

Jack
25-02-05, 05:44 PM
You can say that again!

Oh wait... you did

arf arf! :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

epo
25-02-05, 05:46 PM
You can say that again!

Oh wait... you did

arf arf! :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

funniest thing was my boss had just rung to say were really pleased with your progress with us bla bla bla

can imagine going back to yard by the way the vans dented :lol:

i wanted to tell him it would t cut out but didnt have the bottle as he seemed pished lol

Philsutton
25-02-05, 06:48 PM
that saxo had everything coming to it, if you drive like a cock then you have to expect these things

NovaloadedAgain
26-02-05, 08:51 AM
if i can RIDE on ice on my motorbike with out crashing im sure somebody with a bit of skill can control a car on ice :wink:

Lol, Thats the funny thing! I got bikes too, & I have had many close calls, But on Ice Ive always been ok! Ive got some pics of my rs125 on here, But I will add some pics of my rs 250 soon.

NovaloadedAgain
26-02-05, 12:01 PM
Ive been to the sprayers, My mate has quoted me ?130 to panel beat, Fill, Spray etc the drivers side rear quarter panel, I will post pics later of the damage. Then you can see its pretty minor.

Also gonna get rid of my existing bonnet, as its got a vent & I aint a big fan of them, Plus its starting to crack slightly. So for ?130 for all stone chips, Minor crack on rear number plate recess, Spare bonnet re sprayed, Rear quarter panel. Not bad I thought.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/NovaloadedAgain/Novadamage003.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/NovaloadedAgain/Novadamage002.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/NovaloadedAgain/Novadamage001.jpg

All be sorted Monday night!