PDA

View Full Version : poss cheap GSi!

bob
16-04-02, 12:00 AM
A couple of weeks back when I first got my 1400 I pulled in to get some petrol,to discover the garage having a really tidy white gsi in, J-reg, lcd dash,single wiper,meshed grille,full performance zorst,tidy paint, at ?1895 it looked a bargain,even if it was on 3 spokes! it was lowerd and had the arches rolled...
Next time I was there it was sat on a tyre, the zorst.alloys and grille nicked,now its got some 15" wolfrace alloys on,and a standard zorst, no grill yet. I was chatting to the bloke as I had spoke to him bout novas before,apparently his insurance company will probably write it off, meaning he could by it as a stolen recovered off them at 20% of what they give out for it,he offered me it if it came to it- wot do u peeps think? how does stolen recovered affect value?

a car that works properly?- think Im daydreaming...

ade
16-04-02, 09:52 PM
check everything! do hpi check, check with police, make sure you get full cover from insurance compamny that write it off. Get good mechanic to check it oot (not a shunt together job) Shouldn't affect value too much as if garage is reputable will have service docs etc... Sounds like a bargin providing no hidden catches (like spare keys cut so when you buy it thinking you've got a bargin, they come round using back up key n nick it from ya!)

Ade

oh now, that is interesting!

bob
17-04-02, 11:18 AM
I was considering breaking it as its exact same colour as my 1400 :) I wouldnt have much off it tho,cos I already have full gsi bodykit,Im after interior and maybe some running gear n lil bits,after that the rest would be for sale as parts,I gotta find a buyer for my weber 32/34 now to help me fund it!

miles
17-04-02, 02:27 PM
You can break a Gsi for at least ?700.

I bought a crashed one off someone I knew for ?200. I had the whole interior, antiroll bars, lecy windows and a few other bits. Sold the rest for a nice profit. If your car is a MK1 do a facelift!!!

hth

Miles

miles
17-04-02, 02:27 PM
You can break a Gsi for at least ?700.

I bought a crashed one off someone I knew for ?200. I had the whole interior, antiroll bars, lecy windows and a few other bits. Sold the rest for a nice profit. If your car is a MK1 do a facelift!!!

hth

Miles

bob
17-04-02, 06:41 PM
man I need this car sooo much lol, I want to break the beast,as I want the interior! dont want the digidash if I get it, what I want to know is why would a car dealer want to offload the car to me? I mean I had been in a couple of times talking bout cars and the gsi in particular, he has seen my 1400 and knows Im an enthusiast,could he actually want to see a car stay alive(well put to good use) and go to a good home rather than get destroyed by the insurance company?

ade
17-04-02, 10:08 PM
maybe he fancies ya! :p

Ade

oh now, that is interesting!

bob
18-04-02, 06:29 PM
dont start on the gay stuff, I have been getting hassled-and my folks have asked me if I was gay :(

Will
18-04-02, 08:10 PM
ooops :x