PDA

View Full Version : C programming is gay gay gay

Philsutton
24-02-05, 01:57 PM
Ive got a whole afternoon of programming ahead of me great fun.I hate it, i wonder if their any casualities at the end of the day, i.e computers thrown out the window. Computers arent my frinends at the bets of times damn it.

Jack
24-02-05, 02:00 PM
I know a bit of VB, but thinking I may need to learn C# for my job.... not really looking forward to it.

Thankfully I do sit next to a nice large window, so if computer no play-play then It has a quick exit :wink:

hendrix
24-02-05, 02:00 PM
gimme a shout if ya get stuck. i did a year on c++. i dont like it. prefer VB lol :lol:

Dar
24-02-05, 02:13 PM
Phil - I am a C programmer and have been for many many years. Any problems just give me a shout! :D

Dar

Stuart
24-02-05, 02:57 PM
pseudo code is the way forwards ;)

hendrix
24-02-05, 03:01 PM
aghhh the days of A level computing come back to me :o
Reverse polish notation....wtf!!
Normalisation was always a pain!

Alex
24-02-05, 03:17 PM
normalisation from first normal form to Boyce codd normal form was easy. Its when it got to 4th and 5th normal form where things get hard.

Psuedo code rules all.

Jack
24-02-05, 03:27 PM
normalisation from first normal form to Coyce codd normal form was easy. Its when it got to 4th and 5th normal form where things get hard.
I swear my old networking/db lecturer got turned on by normalisation...

Philsutton
24-02-05, 04:51 PM
ah its good to know that help is at hand, i seemed to understand it today unlike normal. I think i might be on the way to understanding its purpose lol. Still does make an more enjoyable, all that random code laughing at you as you try an find the 46 errors you made in it.

Dar
24-02-05, 05:02 PM
Thats the funny thing about programming. You can get loads of errors and its just because you missplaced a bracket or semi-colon. :evil:

Alex
24-02-05, 05:03 PM
yep.

and make sure you comment your code!

Dar
24-02-05, 05:22 PM
Oh yes, commenting your code is an art that is usually ignored. You only come to apprciate the fact when you haven't bothered and go to look at your code months later and think WTF am have I done there!!

Philsutton
24-02-05, 05:25 PM
yeah im like that, i'll just leave it out then come to it later an think wft is going on here, thing is i thought the same when i was writing it lol

Stuart
24-02-05, 05:33 PM
wtf are you two on about with normalisation and 4th/5th etc

our pseudo code is "fake" C so we can deisng stuff then let the software engineers (geeks) code it all up in geek speak lol