PDA

View Full Version : FAO n e one with good computing knowledge

Nova-Flair
23-02-05, 06:35 PM
i know this is slightly off topic and i dont even know if this is the right forum to be putting this in! but here goes n e way..........

i've just went and built myself a computer which is gr8 apart from the fact that the sound does not work which is due to the multimedia audio controller not working! i have tried downloading all the drivers for my motherboard again (nvidia NF7-S with on-board sound card) but i just cant get the audio controller to work!

CAN N E ONE HELP ME PLEASE THIS IS DRIVING ME INSANE?!!! :cry:

kevw
23-02-05, 07:06 PM
Make sure the onboard sound is enabled in the bios

Sometimes booting up with a pci sound card plugged in will make the mobo disable the on board equivalent.

I'm running an NF7S and have a pci sound card and it did not disable the on board one, so the above may not be applicable lol

worth a try tho..

I can't remember what drivers I'm running, it's either the ones off the CD you get with the mobo, or the standard XP ones...

Rexy
23-02-05, 08:58 PM
Make sure the onboard sound is enabled in the bios

Sometimes booting up with a pci sound card plugged in will make the mobo disable the on board equivalent.

I'm running an NF7S and have a pci sound card and it did not disable the on board one, so the above may not be applicable lol

worth a try tho..

I can't remember what drivers I'm running, it's either the ones off the CD you get with the mobo, or the standard XP ones...

My names Kev and im a big geek...

:lol:

Nova-Flair
23-02-05, 09:09 PM
cheers kev i'll give it a shot

sh0rty
24-02-05, 10:35 PM
as you can see our resident owner or novaload is also an IT Manager :P x

Aragorn
24-02-05, 10:45 PM
abit nf7-s has the nforce2 audio controller

if u grab the latest drivers off the nvidia website it should work fine