PDA

View Full Version : baby valvers

storer
23-02-05, 11:45 AM
just a quick question i no that on the later model 14xe and 16xe engines they came with a built in immobiliser of some sort were you need the ignition barrel to make it work or something like that. I was just wondering is it at all possible to wire the engine up without the immobilser if you dont have the ignition barrel? thanks

novaboyopr
23-02-05, 12:01 PM
it sure you can in some way i work for vauxhall and it aint the ignition barrel that stops the engine from running it is a transponder in the key which the bcm module reads the code on the chip and lets the engine start if you got the same key it will work if not go to your local vauxhall dealer and ask them to programme a chip it will only cost about a ?10

Stuart
23-02-05, 12:03 PM
if you dont get the key and transponder thats "matched" to the ecu then you will either need the PCM reprogramming OR have the PCM changed to run without the pats system on it.

not sure how much it costs to have the PCM changed, but im sure its a lot lol.

storer
23-02-05, 12:24 PM
so am i right in thinkin that as long as i get the key with it it should work?

Stuart
23-02-05, 12:28 PM
both the key and transponder are needed

storer
23-02-05, 12:30 PM
sorry im not that clued up on cars really can you explain what the transponder is and were abouts on the car it is. thanks mate

Stuart
23-02-05, 12:47 PM
it will be a little fob type thing thats got a wire (or few) coming out of it. it will be located within the cowling surrounding the steering column/ignition barrel. it will be very close to the ign barrel actually. the wire will run to the ecu (maybe via sime other bits im not sure)

im not mega familiar with the VX pats, but im sure its similar principles to the ford/fiat one.

Aragorn
23-02-05, 01:56 PM
costs around ?200 to have the immobiliser disabled on the ecu's

Ojc
23-02-05, 03:55 PM
If you don't have the chip and transponder from the donor vehicle the car will not move until you either

1. Get the chip and transponder OR

2. Get a blank ECU from Vauxhall at a cost of ???

MC
24-02-05, 04:08 PM
You could use DTA to run the engine instead, no immobiliser probs and more power for your efforts!

MC

storer
24-02-05, 04:15 PM
whats DTA? you'll have to excuse me i dont no a great deal when i comes to engines. thanks

MC
24-02-05, 04:32 PM
DTA is a fully mappable aftermarket ECU. You run this instead of the existing ECU, using all of your sensors and you have full control of fuel and ignition.

MC

retrosi
27-02-05, 09:45 PM
go to your local vauxhall dealer and ask them to programme a chip it will only cost about a ?10

Bollocks more like 40 quid