PDA

View Full Version : Central Locking wiring, not working.

Nick
22-02-05, 09:02 PM
Right, i put my EW in age ago, and i finall got round to plugging in the CL .

I have a slight problem, it worked randomly 2 times, but isn't working now.

All the wires are connected colour for colour, going to the Solenoid on the Passenger door i have 4 wires, (brown/white,brown/red,Black/yellow and Black Red) This all connects up perfectly, and runs back the the ECU box

on the ECU box there are no spare wires at all, everything has been joined up

However on the Drivers side, there is a Brown/Red and a Brown/White wire going into the plug into the solenoid, there are two wires that are spare, a black/yellow and a Black/red. Should these be connected to anything ? or is this just so that on left hand drive cars the loom is universal.

Should the CL only work when being opertaed from th drivers side ? or should it work on both doors ?

The Loom was copped at the doors, and also chopped before the ECU (thanks to colin smith the bodging ****) so all the Wires going into Plugs were all left as they came, the only wires i've connected up are colour for colour

thanks nick

Riggy
22-02-05, 09:59 PM
the 2 spare will be for linking to a alarm and will be for a remote c/l feature

Nick
22-02-05, 10:04 PM
they are the same colour as the wires that go into the plug on the passenger side, should these not be their either ?

i'm completly stumped, think i'm gonna have to get the multimeter on the job tommorow, and work out how the CL works...

the EW work fine, so the Live/ignition and Earth are all dandy