PDA

View Full Version : bucket seats

raza
22-02-05, 01:38 PM
got bucket seats in the car i got of epo and just wondering .. the harnesses go through the holes ont he seat ... and then the back of that is the bit what bolts in to where the back seats are do u need that bit as i noticed that that bit dont even move when u pull them forawd it is the seat its self what works as a stop if u get me so do i need the back bit what bolts on ?

jkhilton
22-02-05, 02:20 PM
yes, otherwise they are pointless!

if you dont have that back bit secured and then you crash, the seat could just tip forward.

raza
22-02-05, 02:31 PM
was just asking cos i see in Chris16v pics of the car he is doing as the seat in but no back bit . thats why i asked .

Chris
22-02-05, 03:16 PM
was just asking cos i see in Chris16v pics of the car he is doing as the seat in but no back bit . thats why i asked .

The seat isnt fitted, was only put in place for the photo. They are WIP pics

Chris

raza
22-02-05, 04:23 PM
k dude no probs is there anyway u can have bucket seats and harnesses fitted and still have space for back seat to go in ?

Aragorn
22-02-05, 04:44 PM
yes but the rear passengers will have harness straps either going thru their legs or round either side of them depending where they are attached to

i have been in the back of a car with 3 point harneses and it wasnt to pleasent but wasnt all bad either

raza
22-02-05, 04:50 PM
thats ok only for a 3 and a 2 year old :D anyone else can walk .lol where is the best plae to bolt them too then ?

raza
22-02-05, 06:03 PM
i was thinking of joining them to the middle seat belt one as i wont be having a middle seat belt

Aragorn
22-02-05, 11:53 PM
for the passenger side use the passenger side center bolt and for drivers side use drivers side centre bolt

and if your putting small children in there think about this when positioning the belts....

if u crash that rear strap will go completely taut, and if theres a child in the back seat where is the strap going to go in relation to the child

make sure u experiment with that thourghly before before adding children (stick kid in back seat and pull the harness tight - see what happens to child

probert_nova
23-02-05, 12:45 AM
i got three point harnesses in mine and don't have problems with passengers. iv'e taken two (not small) m8s on a couple hundred mile trip to devon with them in the back. they didn't seem to complain much. :lol:

i think al wilson had a good fixing point for his harnesses.
(not sure though)

Chris
23-02-05, 01:33 AM
the harnesses are designed to hold you down and into the seat, the place where al wilson had his mounted only held you towards the seat (in the event of an accident) although perfectly legit. I personally wouldnt consider carrying rear passenger with buckets a 3-point harnesses.

1st - Like, aragon said, where will the passengers go in the event of an accident, the harnesses will cut quite easily

2nd - in the event of an accident how easy is it to get rear passengers out? Do the emergency services know how to tilt buckets seats (if they are fixed with tilting frames)

Chris

j1400
23-02-05, 09:27 AM
http://img227.exs.cx/img227/8751/11010056tm.jpg

raza
24-02-05, 01:38 PM
where do u get tilting frames from ? and how much thanks