PDA

View Full Version : bad boy bonnet

dandan
21-02-05, 11:38 PM
Whats the best way to make one of these or just get the quad conversions one?

flowlikewater
22-02-05, 10:23 AM
you can buy badboy bonnet extensions not sure on the price. but also could get a shaped bit of metal welded to the bonnet and have a unique style of badboy then make sure its smoother on well with no dodgy joins then woo custom badbay bonnet!

remember tho that you need to be able to open the bonnet and so dont let the flip latch thing under the bonnet be covered!

most welders with abit of experience can do such a simple job, then get a body shop to finish it off with slight smoothing and paint, if you dont think you can diy it.

probert_nova
22-02-05, 01:15 PM
i think cool louvres (website?) can make you one for abou 100 notes.
i saw the ad in my potn mag.

novamadcars
22-02-05, 02:22 PM
i brought the quad convershions 1 it looks pretty good but i cut the bad boy lip off looks 10 times better

ade
22-02-05, 07:32 PM
I'm doing a similar thing but nor a bad boy style.

From what I can gather you need to weld 2 plates in the right angle on the front of your bonnet. Run a weld right across the enture join and then grind it smooth - finishing with a skim of filler to hide the join.

DONT try and bodge it by sticking one on because it'll crack with the air pressure and opening closing the bonnet - the last thing you want is part of your bonnet comming off on the motorway.

Ade

burgo
22-02-05, 07:41 PM
I'm doing a similar thing but nor a bad boy style.

From what I can gather you need to weld 2 plates in the right angle on the front of your bonnet. Run a weld right across the enture join and then grind it smooth - finishing with a skim of filler to hide the join.

Adeindeed that is what you do, just be careful not to get the metal to hot or it will distort

dandan
23-02-05, 12:26 AM
What sort of money am I looking at cos I seriously cannot weld and this is gonna be seen. Just need some1 to to do the fab and welding. Respraying is not a problem (Thanks little bro).

flowlikewater
23-02-05, 10:14 AM
i recon ?80-100

but for something really big you could be looking near ?150 but thats just for a totally perfect lush job. it aint all that expensive. not my preference.

look in the for sale section, some one might be selling a badboy bonnet, check ebay too. its worth a try.