PDA

View Full Version : A new Nova

Ricks
21-02-05, 11:04 PM
would you want vauxhall to make a new nova. when im bored i think sumtimes how could they could make it they could hire some off us for ideas. and before you say it i do av alot of spare time. :D

tomsnova
21-02-05, 11:06 PM
How can i put pictures on a forum?

burgo
21-02-05, 11:07 PM
bin posted before mate

tomsnova
21-02-05, 11:09 PM
What u mean?

Ricks
21-02-05, 11:14 PM
i think burgos talkin to me mate.
for ur pics ul av to upload them to a server try photobucket.

tomsnova
21-02-05, 11:15 PM
Cheers

elsey197
21-02-05, 11:30 PM
would you want vauxhall to make a new nova.

They already have its called a corsa and they look like this lol

http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/665000/images/_667886_corsa300.jpg

http://www.greenconsumerguide.com/transport_images/vauxhall_corsa.jpg

NovaloadedAgain
22-02-05, 09:14 AM
I had a corsa c sxi & my 1.2 nova was mych better & quicker. All these safety devices add weight!

The corsa will never be as good as the Nova.If they were to rebuild one, I reckon they should all come with redtop engines!

General Baxter
22-02-05, 09:47 AM
have a lok around the forums, theres about 100 threads started with this topic :evil:

Jack
22-02-05, 03:25 PM
I had a corsa c sxi & my 1.2 nova was mych better & quicker. All these safety devices add weight!
Yes, but which would you rather be in during a major accident? The car built to strict structural guidelines and with modern safety devices, or the tin foil rust bucket? Even if a Nova was re-released today, it would need major changes to bring it up to scratch for safety, and thus wouldn't be the car we know.

The corsa will never be as good as the Nova.If they were to rebuild one, I reckon they should all come with redtop engines!
Define "good". Ok, Nova's are more the "drivers" car, and one of the reasons we like them is because of their control and feel when driving. Alas, modern cars are designed to be comfy and economical on both long and short distance with mod cons such as PAS, air con etc.

Novas just evolved as every other car did. Some retaining the same name (Micra, Fiesta, Ibiza, 106 etc); some into 'different' cars (Nova > Corsa, Uno > Punto, 205 > 206 etc).

General Baxter
22-02-05, 03:29 PM
what about style ;)

whats up with todays style, its all bubble and round :(

Matt Nova
22-02-05, 05:33 PM
it'd be nice yes but it won't happen lets make one ourselfs :D

and a 1.2 nova faster than a 1.2 corsa?

the 1.2 16v corsa are pretty quick

M_U_T_A_N_T21
22-02-05, 05:49 PM
i think we would all love to see the nova come back on the production line maybe a 2.0l 16v one like the clio sports but some how i dont think it will eva happen :x :x :x :x :x :x

Rexy
22-02-05, 06:19 PM
The nova will never come back on the production line, However... You may still be able to go abroad and purchase a Opel Corsa shell.

As for the Corsa#'s being shite, i think thats a load of bafoon. A corsa can be made to handle extremely well the only reason there slower is due to weight. Sort the weight issue and you have a competent fast road car.

Riggy
22-02-05, 07:09 PM
the only wat there will ever make another nova is if it ever becomes a classic car like the mini and firms start making new shells like the have done for that :lol:

NovaloadedAgain
23-02-05, 10:41 AM
Doesnt matter what anyone says, Im on NL coz I love my Nova & like pretty much all of em, Why post on a site if you only have negative comments?

Yeah the Novas are tin can's-All cars of this era were pretty much the same, But there still here.
Ok, they dont have all the technology, Maybe thats what people like about em, Less to go wrong! Cheaper to insure etc etc.

The corsa SRi (1800cc) is about the only decent thing theyve produced since the Nova.
There has been thousands of posts about re-launching the Nova. I hope they will one day, But its very unlikely. Time will tell.

Jack
23-02-05, 11:19 AM
Not necessarily cheaper to insure, the "boy racer" image is a tough one to shake. I like Novas because of what they are, a cheap (except for insurance lol) small car thats easy to work on; if I wanted a car that has more "toys" as standard then I'd go for something like a new corsa or whatever.

Novas, as we know them, will never be produced again as a "new" car. End of. They're well below safety regs for todays modern cars, and probably crap on emissions too lol.

NovaloadedAgain
23-02-05, 11:25 AM
Yep agreed, NEVER TO BE MADE AGAIN!!! lol @ Razorjack.
Boy racer image will never be shifted unfortunately, My insurance company actually said to me when I was telling them my mods...Oh your a bit of a boy racer r ya? Lol. Will never win mate.

Alex
23-02-05, 01:51 PM
To reiterate what was said before Vauxhall will never bring out another nova. However if it does become a "classic" car or similar (very unlikely) there may be a VERY small chance that a company may buy the patterns from Vauxhall and make new shells. It happened with the minis. You can pick up a brand new, unpainted mini shell (nothing but the shell) for between 1-2K.

Novas are very fun drive, much more than modern cars, which you don't feel like you are even driving in them. However I am giving up my nova as it is not comfortable to drive. I would love one for the weekend, but as an eveyday (70miles+) car it is now obsolete.

RE corsas. They are the replacement for the nova, but are not the same. They lack the classic looks (more boxy and flat arches) and have adapted the modern "bubble" style look, which IMO is pants. I would never own a corsa. It also never got the following that the nova did.
If the nova is still around in 10 years it will have lost it's boy racer image and become an enthusiasts car. However you also have to consider that the rest of the vauxhall enthusiasts look very much down on the nova. Just look at MIG. As soon as you say "Nova" they will claim made up figures and such like.

jkhilton
23-02-05, 01:56 PM
Novas are very fun drive, much more than modern cars, which you don't feel like you are even driving in them.

I disagree with that comment, my Evo is alot more fun to drive than my novas ever were!!!!

NovaloadedAgain
23-02-05, 01:56 PM
I couldnt agree with you more!
Lets hope someone re produces new shells! & Corsa's are bubbles.
What car are you going to be getting as a replacement to the Nova?

Once there recognised as enthusiasts cars it will be alot cheaper to insure them!

Alex
23-02-05, 02:01 PM
Novas are very fun drive, much more than modern cars, which you don't feel like you are even driving in them.

I disagree with that comment, my Evo is alot more fun to drive than my novas ever were!!!!

lol Nova V Evo comparison. Never thought i'd see that. The Evo is hardly a "normal" modern car. I'm talking about todays Vauxhalls, fords, fiats even some/most bmw, audis etc. I have never driven an Evo so cannot comment (although i'd probably agree with you lol). I have driven a many of the cars that i listed.

NovaloadedAgain
23-02-05, 02:01 PM
Novas are very fun drive, much more than modern cars (http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=cars&v=56), which you don't feel like you are even driving in them.

Lol. Your Evo is a completely different class!!!!

What he ment was the equivalent cars to the Nova, I.e Punto, Corsa, Fiesta. You dont need to do anything to drive em, Your not part of the driving experience.

Whereas your evo....One wrong move-SPLAT! Lol-You have a proper new car! One which is fun to drive & hammer but has the best parts of the old cars-Handling, Fun etc, With new technology-Turbo's Huge engines!

jkhilton
23-02-05, 02:03 PM
lmao! I know what he meant, but I thought I'd add it anyway :p

NovaloadedAgain
23-02-05, 02:05 PM
You only posted coz u knew we would worship your evo!!! Lol. 8)

sdn2004
23-02-05, 02:52 PM

My Nova http://www.letsgetgardening.com/graphics/novafront.jpg
My Corsa http://www.letsgetgardening.com/graphics/corsa.jpg
..............do you know what your talking about!?

NovaloadedAgain
23-02-05, 02:57 PM
Lmao, Obviously!

The Nova is ok mate, & that corsa is very smart. But power to weight.....Bye bye! Corsa's will never be as good to drive as a Nova!
Read above, Weve already agreed the reasons as to why there better.

Jack
23-02-05, 04:55 PM
To reiterate what was said before Vauxhall will never bring out another nova. However if it does become a "classic" car or similar (very unlikely) there may be a VERY small chance that a company may buy the patterns from Vauxhall and make new shells. It happened with the minis. You can pick up a brand new, unpainted mini shell (nothing but the shell) for between 1-2K.

Novas are very fun drive, much more than modern cars, which you don't feel like you are even driving in them. However I am giving up my nova as it is not comfortable to drive. I would love one for the weekend, but as an eveyday (70miles+) car it is now obsolete.

RE corsas. They are the replacement for the nova, but are not the same. They lack the classic looks (more boxy and flat arches) and have adapted the modern "bubble" style look, which IMO is pants. I would never own a corsa. It also never got the following that the nova did.
If the nova is still around in 10 years it will have lost it's boy racer image and become an enthusiasts car. However you also have to consider that the rest of the vauxhall enthusiasts look very much down on the nova. Just look at MIG. As soon as you say "Nova" they will claim made up figures and such like.
Well said that man lol