PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Advice please lads!

Rich Dale
01-01-70, 01:00 AM
Do as Wisewood says......I did that 'cos my log book was not signed.

It doesn't mater....you just fill in the V10 and "jobs a gud un".

To anyone else.....you must make sure you get the green V 5/2 "new keeper's supplement"
As long as you have that, there's no worries.

Aj_1984_99
04-04-02, 09:06 PM
About 8 months ago i bought my nova from a bloke in birmingham. Thing is he didnt sign the logbook thing. This was no big deal at the time because the car has been off the road whilst i have been fully modifying it. Now that it is finished i phoned him up to sign the log book and he said if i posted it to him he would sign it and send it back. it is now two weeks on and he has'nt sent it back. I phoned him this evening and he has moved out of his girlfriends and she wont give me his number. She is now telling me he didnt sell the car to anyone but part exchange it for a peugeot at some garage and that no money changed hands between us! I realise i have been stupid leaving it so long but what am i gonna do? i do have it's mot from when he had it and its service history. PLease i am in desperate need of help!

DAVIEBOY
04-04-02, 09:20 PM
listen m8 if it was me id be on the fone to the bizzies. let them find out where he is staying. u need to get the log book back cause without u having it in your name, the police could say u stole the car.u didnt have to get him to sign anything, and without rippin the p*sh it was a bit foolish sending him the log book back!! i would really fone the police and tell them whats going on, and look after the car incase he comes round to take it back, cause as i said he could tell the police its been stole.good luck! u might need it!

marruss
04-04-02, 11:44 PM
i live in birmingham....where about does he live...ill go row his ass for ya....no one f**ks a novaload member round in my manor...details...

Davidp16v
05-04-02, 12:54 AM
re apply for the log book through dvla
get the form from the post office
a letter will be sent to the registered keeper and if he doesnt respond (which i doubt coz he moved out) it will come back in your name.
also u have a reciept i assume so you will have no worries if it comes on top, a reciept is stronger than a v5 (log book)

If it isn't kev it isn't worth it !!!

nova-racer
05-04-02, 02:36 AM
Go round his fucking house! hostage his girlfriend... and tell her to phone him.. if he doesn't get his ass round pronto with that log book.. then tell him you'll kill his bird! sorted. failing that hire a private eye to go and take him out! :-B

Anonymous
05-04-02, 09:00 AM
the log book is no proof of owner ship
you should have just made up his signature
i have done before

i am on the save for loads of mods

Damian Coull
05-04-02, 09:37 AM
Iv'e done this as well. I couldn't be arsed to drive all the way back to Luton to get the twat I bought my car off of to sign the correct form so I just signed it myself. Never had any problems.

This is a lesson to everyone. never send your log book back to the owner for him to sign !!

wisewood
05-04-02, 09:49 AM
AJ - pop down to the post office and get a V10 form.
Fill it in - and send it off to the DVLA (the address is on the back).
Once you fill that out and send it off within 2 weeks you will recieve notification that the car is now in your name and a new log book which shows the guy you bought it from as the previous keeper.

Aj_1984_99
05-04-02, 10:11 AM
cheers all!!
I rang the DVLA first thing this morning and i have now got the forms and filling them in this minute. He will sorted anyway! ;)

Ste_Nova
05-04-02, 05:24 PM
isn't it agsinst the law to not fill in and send off the v5 when the car changes hands!! why was it not signed when u collected the car?

16v Engine fitting and advice... mail me for a quote :D
special rates for girls!!

nova---chris
06-04-02, 07:46 AM
Dont u just love the arnie's of novaload.
Just take a grenade round. pull the pin. and have a cup of tea while the log book appears. then
leave with saying
'ILL BE BACK' and all is sorted.
WICKED!

v1nce
06-04-02, 12:08 PM
yer yer go down with ya AK! booka booka cap hes ass

get real lads LMFCO :D

dave.gsi
06-04-02, 10:13 PM
LMAO!! just go the whole hog, go down there, bitch slap his bird and pistol whip the mutha fucker!!

http://www.srownersclub.co.uk